Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The bird feeders are mostly empty -- AGAIN! I guess I know what I need to do as soon as I finish my blog this morning. Bark butter, bark butter bits, sunflower seeds; all of it needs to be filled. Consequently, I don't have a lot of guests here this morning, although truth be told, there is plenty of food out there in the form of suet cakes and seed cake cylinders. So, no one is starving. It is just that the favorite and "easy" feeders are empty. They are like children; spinach is food too, but noooooo!

We had perhaps the most vivid and brilliant double rainbow I have ever seen last evening. Ms. Kate wanted to go to a scrapbooking sale thing last evening so I took her and sat in the car while she did her thing. While she was inside it came up a heck of a gully washer rain storm. But after it was over the sun was brilliant out of the west and in the east the rainbow was spectacular.

This morning is a beautiful morning. The birds are singing and the sky is a brilliant blue with a few white clouds here and there. I think it is supposed to be about seventy degrees today. I can't do much outside today because it is too wet from the rain, but it sure is beautiful. So, I think I will just sit here and give praise to the One who created all of this.

The blossoms are almost all gone from Ms. Margaret's flowering crab tree. However, the Redbud trees are all still in full bloom and they brighten up areas everywhere we go. I haven't seen any Dogwood trees blooming yet. I have a pink one and a white one out front. They really haven't bloomed very well the past couple of years and I think it is just that they are getting old.

I got the batttery put in the JD and finished the mowing that I wanted to do. It sure makes quick work out of my morning and it also makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Well, that's it for this morning folks. I pray your day is going to be a good one. Life is too short to not take advantage of the good thing that come our way. I got up this morning on the right side of the grass and that was a blessing to start the day. Take time to be grateful today and take the time to tell someone you love them. Share a blessing with a friend and pray for someone who needs it. We are all connected in this world. We are brothers and sisters of Christ and Children of God. It just doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment