Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Waiting, and more waiting; it seems to be the theme of the week so far. I think I told you yesterday that our telephone land line was out and we were having to rely on our cell phones. I had tried for about five hours to get through to Spectrum but kept getting a buusy signal. Finally I drove to their office; it's only maybe five miles from our house. I asked the lady if there was maybe and area outage and she said there wasn't. She asked me if my TV and Internet were working and I said they were. So, she put me on the schedule and said that they would have someone out here today. She suggested that in the mean time I try unplugging the cable modem and replugging it to see if that helped. I hadn't tried that simply because the TV and Internet were still working fine. But --- I went home, and did that twice, to no avail. Last evening, I was down in my office watching TV and playing on the computer and I noticed that what I thought was a router was blinking "differently" than normal. Well, come to find out it wasn't a router but was a second modem. I unplugged it -- plugged it back in, and viola' instant land lines working. Who knew???? So we cancelled the service call for today.

However ----- the plumber that was hopefully going to make it yesterday didn't. So, now I'm waiting some more. And --- we are waiting to hear the plans for Ms. Kate's aunt's funeral. The bad news is that I am not an overly patient person and Ms. Kate is even less so. There is a shared grumpy cloud floating in the house.

The rain is holding off so far for today. I went out front awhile ago and the azealis out there are just beauutifaul. The iris are starting to bloom and the peonies are starting to bloom. The two dogwood trees out there are in full bloom and it is just stunning to look at. God sure does good work. I took some pictures and posted them on my Facebook timeline. Beauty like that should be shared. I hope folks don't think I'm being "braggy", I just want to share my blessings.

The buffet currently has a lot of customers. Surprisingly, I tossed out the last of my popcorn that I fixed last evening and figured thaat it would disappear fairly quickly this morning. But the birds are pretty much ignoring it so far. That tells me that I'm feeding them too well and they are spoiled. When starlings and blackbirds ignore popcorn on the ground, you know they are eating too good. The only birds that have paid it any attention at all are a couple of sparrows and house finches.

Time to wrap this up and get on with doing something useful besides wait.  Havea great day. Pray for your loved ones and friends and pray for anyone with whom you are having discourse. Love makes the world go around because love comes straight from God. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment