Monday, May 1, 2017

May 1st; May Day --- Dance around the May Pole day. I wonder if school kids still do that? I don't really remember whay we did that in elementary school except that I guess it was a celebration of the coming of spring or something. In reality, I think it is most likely quite pagan. But what do singing, dancing, happy school kids care about the theology behind their fun??

It might be May 1st but tthe weather outside says October 1st. We've had about ten minutes of sunshine and it is cloudy again now. The temperature is 53 degrees and might reach 60 today and there is a strong wind blowing. But then, a friend of mine sent me a picture of the snow in his yard last night.

But -- it has still been a blesssed morning. The Red Breasted Grosbeaks have been here this morning and so has the Pilated Woodpecker. And while they were here the sun was actually shining on them making everything that much better. At one point we had five Grossbeaks sitting in the Pussy Willow tree just fifteen feet from my recliner. It was a wonderful sight. I need to get outside and fill some feeders so they stay around for a few days. While I'm out there, I need to pick up some rather large dead limbs that fell out of the tulip poplar trees during the storms this weekend.

Ms. Kate and I didn't go to church yesterday. Yes, we were fair weather church people and it was not fair weather by any means. But, that doesn't mean that I didn't have any conversations with The Lord.  I have too much to be  thankful for to miss a day of being grateful.

We need to get to the grocery store today and pick up some stuff. We don't need to get too much stuff though because we are leaving for a week af vacation next week. we also hope to be able to get up and see Georgia Ann. We really worry about her. She declines more and more every day and her pain seems to be getting worse. I pray God gives her a peaceful ending. She is really too weak to fight much longer and her desire to fight is basically gone. We pray for Bob too because he is going to be lost without her.

So, I guess I better get myself ready to go and do stuff today. Don't forget that God walks with you everywhere you go. Reach out and take God's hand and the path will be much easier to follow. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment