Monday, April 3, 2017

Monday, Monday, Monday; we have been Run-around Sue and Run-around Stu all day. I had a 0900 appointment to take my truck in to the dealer for an unknown intermittent problem. Ms. Kate had a 0930 Orthopedic appointment just down the road from that. So we were up early and got ready to start our day. I dropped off my Dakota fr them to do a diagnostic run on it and Ms. kate followed to pick me up. When I got to the car, she said the doctor's off had called and cancelled her appointment because the doctor wasn't available this morning. So, we went to Cracker Barrel and had breakfast. We came home, did some stuff around here and the Dodge dealer called and said they could find nothing wrong with my truck. However, my truck did have two recalls listed on it, (driver's side airbag and passenger side airbag) so they went ahead and fixed that.

This afternoon we went to the John Deere dealership and I picked up a new battery for the little Deere and a battery maintainer for it. I had mowed some Saturday with it and it had started fine. However, when I got off of it to do somethiing and tried to start it again --- the battery was totally dead. I got the charger out of the shed and let the battery change for twenty-four hours and the tried it again --- Nada! Hence today's running around included a trip to the John Deere store. And the better news, I think) is that they could find nothing wrong with my truck. So, I paid the $58.00 diagnostic fee and brought it on home. Hopefully what ever caused that noise was just an anomaly.

Yesterday Ms. Kate and I went back to Bethlehem UCC for worship service. It was a pretty good service and they made us feel welcome. Then yesterday afternoon we went to St. Lucas to attend the Eclesiastical Council for Dave Marshall, the fellow that is now the pastor of my former parish. This is the last step before he is ordained as a minister in the United Church of Christ. He was approved unanimously, as I expected he would be. However ---- the day was ruined for Ms. Kate and I because I got scolded by one of the hierarchy of the Local Association because Ms. Kate and I are attending the cantata rehearsals; even though we have the permission of the current pastor. I addressed all of this the other day with you in my blog. However, I was told again that we shouldn't be anywhere around that parish or the members of that parish for at least one to two years. We were told that we were supposed to forget all of our friends of the past twelve years and move on. What a bunch of crap. But, Ms. Kate and I have decided that we only have two cantata rehearsals left and then the cantata performance in two weeks; so we will do those and the disappear from the lives of the people up there except for a few of our very closest friends. We are only doing it so the Association doesn't give Dave a bunch of crap. I just love being 72 years old, being treated with total disrespect and being told "how to conduct myself". So much for Christian Fellowship at the bureaucratic level.

Enough whining about my feelings getting hurt. Today is another day and God has given us a warm but mixed bag of weather. It has been pretty good all day but now id raining on and off. Raindrops are falling on the roof od the sunporch and that causes some droopy eyes. I just may have to take a nap.

C' Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment