Monday, April 24, 2017

Just look at that sunshine out there! Blue sky, no clouds and just a hint of a breeze; but it is still a bit cool. What a wonderful way to start off the week. God has certainly laid it all out there this morning.

On the human side --- my morning has been spent with the HVAC guy being here to repair my air conditioner. The evaporator coil had a leak in it and had to be replaced. The labor cost is going to suck but at least I have a parts warranty. The reason I had water coming out of my furnace unit Friday night was that the coil had frozen up and that was ice melting and running down. So, there goes my Cold Stone Ice Cream allowance for awhile. LOL Unfortunately, I still haven't heard from the John Deere dealer yet for a cost on the repair of the little JD. Things do seem to go in cycles don't they? Everything can be going smooth for awhile and then wham! But,--- the blessing is that this problem with the AC didn't happen while I was somewhere on vacation. --- Always look for the bright side.

Yesterday evening Ms. Kate and I went to R'z restaurant ant for supper. Gibson Southern High School Student Council was doing a fund raiser for Riley's Children's Hospital and R'z restaurant  was letting them do it at their place. The student council was trying to raise $10,000 for Riley's. What a great thing that is. Candace and her husband are such great supporters of the Ft. Branch community. After the dinner, we went to Cold Stone Creamery for our dessert.

Our worship search yesterday took us "home". We went to Zoar UCC, the church I grew up in, was baptized and conformed in, and had our children baptized in. Over the years, when we weren't off on our 32 year Air Force career, Ms, Kate and I have taught Sunday school there, served as advisors to the Yoiuth Fellowship, I served on the church council there and was the Director of Christian Education. When I decided to become a Licenced Minister, they totally supported my efforts. So, you might ask; "why haven't we returned full time there now that we are retired?" The answer is simple enough, we are enjoying hopping around and engaging in several different worship experiences. But, it was wonderful to receive the warm handshakes and hugs, hear a good message from the pastor and listen to the choir.

The HVAC guy is about done and I guess I need to get busy and mow my yard. I hope your skies are full of sunshine and your life is full of the warmth of the Holy Spirit. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment