Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Well, I wished you a happy Monday and left you hanging on Tuesday. That wasn't very neighborly of me. In my defense we were gone for a good portion of the day yesterday. We took Ms. Kate's Cadillac to the dealership for a bunch of scheduled maintenance work and that took a few hours. Then we had several places we needed to go, then out to lunch, so the day was pretty well shot before we got home.  And frankly, I have a hard time getting in the mood to write my blog in the afternoon or evening. It seems like if I don't do it first thing in the morning along with my coffee, it just doesn't work for me. That's my story aand I'm sticking to it.

It is Wednesday of Holy Week or for the church it is better known as "Silent Wednesday" because we have no record of Jesus doing any activity on this day. Perhaps he spent the day in prayer; perhaps he spent the day just talking with his disciples or teaching or healing; we just don't know. But, for us --- it is a good day to reflect on the impact Jesus has had on our life and to give thanks that God loved us enough to provide an avenue to our soul's salvation. Is it the only way????? That's the big question isn't it. Afterall, Jesus himeeself said that God most important commandment to us was to "Love the Lord God with all our heart, mind and soul; ---- and to "Love our neighbor as ourselves." But, Jesus also said; "I am the way the truth and the life. No one come to the Father, except by me." The question becomes did he mean by himself (the man Jesus) personally or by his teachings. Jesus taught love and love transcends all things because God is Love. And by the end of this week, Jesus will have provided the purest example of God's love through His own sacrifice. Faith is heavy stuff folks. Please never take your faith lightly or confuse your faith with "your religion".

Back on a lighter and more "backyard" note; I have to fill the feeders today. I still haven't taken the time to get that done and they are really getting low by now. I'm also going to take down a section of fence so I can push my little John Deere through it. I have a 42" deck on it and my gate opening is only forty one inches. So, I have to do a work around. I have another gate at the back of the yard but that would require pushing he mower a lot farther and up hill to get it to the garage. So, Neighbor Dan and I and maybe even Ms. Kate will take care of that today.

Tonight is the final cantata practice and it hope it goes well. Tomorrow night is Maundy Thursday service and I'd like to find a church to attend and take communion. Perhaps I'll go to our home church for their service.

I hope this day is a blessed one for you. Take time to give thanks for all you have and I don't mean for the material things in your life. God doesn't give a hoot about your new car. Be grateful for the people in your life and share your love. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment