Saturday, April 22, 2017

Saturday afternoon: the clouds are a little thinner now and at the moment it isn't raining. We have had rain on and off ever since I wrote yesterday. Our high temperature today is or current temperature of fifty two degrees.

Our week of waiting just seems to continue. Last evening I was in the basement in my office and I heard a couple of loud noises come from the furnace room. I went to check on it and saw nothing unusual. I went up and asked Ms. Kate if she had heard it an she had heard nothing. So, I went back downstairs and continued to watch TV. But the thought oof that noise still bothered me so I went back in the furnace room and by now, I had a puddle of water coming from under the furnace. I opened the little panel that goes in front of the filter and it was wet. I pulled out the furnace filter and it was dry but the tray under it was wet and I could see water dripping from somewhere inside the furnace blower area. So, I told Ms. Kate to turn off the Air Conditioner. It was going to be a cool night anyway. I keep an eye on it and it stopped dripping. I called our AC folks late and left a message about what was happening and I thought the girl on the other end said they would call us this morning. Well, they haven't called. But then, she may have said they will call Monday. At any rate, I turned on the furnace this morning and got no more drippage.

We were also supposed to have a contractor come this morning to talk about painting our fence. Well, the lady called around 0800 and said that their dog had gotten really sick and they had to take it to the vet this morning. She said they would call as soon as they finished. So we waited on that. They finally did call. We've used them before and they are great workers so we had no problem with that wait. But --- was just typical of our week.

Now it is the weekend and by now the rain has diminished greatly from this morning. Hopefully it is over with. I grilled some hotdogs for lunch and just now finished cleaning up my grill. It was needing it from grilling the chicken the other evening.

It is still 52 degrees outside and the clock is registering nap time. Have a great rest of your weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment