Wednesday, April 19, 2017

It is a beautiful morning outside my sunporch today. By now the trees are fully leafed out and now the sun filters through the branches instead of lighting up the entire yard. So, it creates mini spotlights all over the yard as the sun shines on the different areas, maybe lighting up an azealia plant for a bit and then the bird baths or a rose bush. God does some magnificent show production work out there. 

Mr. Pilated Woodpecker just announced his arrival as he flew in. Unfortunately I don't have anything in the bark butter paste feeders but there are bark butter bits out there and he is helping himself to that. It just makes my day everytime he comes around. It is getting much harder to see the other birds when they aren't right here on the feeders since the leaves are providing them cover. 

The waiting game continues here. The plumber finally did get here yesterday evening around five o'clock. This morning the HVAC folks showed up for the spring servicing of the AC. Unfortunately they told me my refrigerant was down to 40% which means that somewhere there is a slow leak and they will have to come back and check that out. So now, I wait for them to call me with an appointment date and time again. Fortunately I still have a parts warranty on it but not labor. ---- I'm also still waiting on the John Deere guy come to pick up the little John Deere and haul it away for fixing. Haven't heard a word from them so far; so --- we wait. I hope they can find the problem without too many hours labor. Labor costs are going to be the death of my wallet yet. 

The cardinals are coming in now as are some of the other birds. There have been a couple of birds somewhere close that have been singing their little hearts out. It isn't a mocking bird; I know their song pretty well. I suspect it is either the wren or a song sparrow. Which ever ---- it is quite pretty. I haven't seen any squirrels yet today which is a bit unusual. It is sillly to say that I miss them when I really don't want them here. But --- that's how it is. They make me laugh with their antics. A couple of "something's" went across our roof early this morning. It was heavy and I suspect it was a raccoon or maybe two. It really make a heavy thump as it/they went. 

Tomorrow we have a fence contractor coming to give its an estimate on replacing our fence. Then, in the afternooon we have Aunt Mary's funeral. I'll officiate at that. We figure that there may be only about five or six of us there. That is sad. Mary was a strange person. She was what I would call a "social recluse". She liked to go places but had to rely on someone to take her. She had had a couple of strokes and couldn't drive. If you went to her house, you were never invited in. But she always had a ready smile, loved her coffee and her donuts. Tomorrow's service will be a simple graveside service and I'm taking along a dozen donuts to share because Mary always brought the donuts to the funeral home family area, partly because she knew I love donuts too. Here's to you Aunt Mary!! Rest In Peace. 

For the rest of you --- Have a most blesssed day. God loves you and so do I. 





No comments:

Post a Comment