Tuesday, April 25, 2017

It is another beautiful morning, Thank you very much, Lord God.  The sun is shining and it is already seventy one degrees this morning. The good thing is that I'm not sitting here watching somebody work on an air conditioner.  Yesterday's adventure into that arena cost me $551.00 and that was just labor and refrigerant. He had to replace the evaporator coil and if I hadn't had a parts warranty, that would have doubled the cost.

I got my front  yard and back yard mowed yestrday as well as neighbor Dan's and Darrel's next door. I also got the garden tilled up and today we will plant the tomatoes and the squash. Then I have to get busy working along my fence lines and clearing some of the plants from it so the folks that are going to paint my fence can get in there to do it. That is a lot of clearing to do; and it won't get done with me sitting here looking at it. Neighbor Dan said he would help but he's sick so I can't expect any help from him. But you know, as I said, it is a beautiful day, and doing yard work is like playing PacMan. Just take one bite at a time.

My backyard buffet visitors this morning have mainly been the titmouse, a few finches and a cardinal or two. It hasn't been real busy. I filled up everything yesterday evening and the squirrels are certainly helping themselves. I'm not sure, but I think it is time for me to put out the hummingbird feeders again. I haven't seen any yet but I think around the 20th of April is generally when they start arriving in this area. My local Wildbirds and Things store has a migration chart they follow every year but I haven't been in there for a week so I haven't had a chance to ask them or check the chart.

We've had a lot of people come by the house either walking or other wise and commenting on how beautiful our yard is now. Last night the Pizza delivery lady mentioned it to Ms. Kate. And, in all modesty, I must say it is stunning tis time of year. Give it another month and most everything will be through the flowering stage but for now, I give God glory every day for the beauty we are blessed with.

I guess I better slurp down the last of my coffee and get busy doing something productive. Have a most blessed day and take time to admire the beauty of the world around you. God does magnificent work and guess what ---- you are one of God's best efforts. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment