Thursday, April 27, 2017

It is a cool, 52 degrees, partly cloudy Thursday morning with the threat of on and off showers for the day. It just might be a good day to watch life pass me by as I sit here with my IPad and watch my backyard critters at the buffet.

We did get rain last night and that will help with the garden. I was going to water it today if it hadn't not rained. Gotta get those beans to start sprouting. I know I have to go cut the asparagus today. It needed it yesterday and we didn't get around to it. We have enough in the refrigerator that we need to use some of it or freeze it, one or the other. Maybe Ms. Kate will make a pot of asparagus soup today.  That would be good on a cool day. Doesn't asparagus soup and a grilled cheese sandwich sound good?

We cut a bunch of iris yesterday and took a big bouquet to Ms. Georgia Ann. She didn't appear to be doing well at all and I would ask your continued prayers for her comfort. Ms. Kate and I think her decline is speeding up. She was hard to hear yesterday and seemed much weaker. It may have been because they have increased her pain medicine but most likely a combination of everything. I fear she won't see her next birthday in July. But, I think she enjoyed the flowers. We sat and visited with her for awhile but she was getting sleepy so we said a prayer with her and left.

I just got a call from the John Deere dealer that my LT150 is ready to come home. That's going to be almost $600.00 so it better be running perfect. There was a short in the wiring that had to be fixed, it needed a new serpentine drive belt, and I had it serviced for the first time in three years. John Deere is a good product but they are sure expensive when they need to be worked on. But then, anything is I reckon. But between HVAC and John Deere, --- I'm almost $1,200.00 poorer than I was a week ago and I didn't get any fun out of any of it.

I would ask for prayers too for my former son-in-law, Andrew, Heather's ex-husband and the father of Lauren and Jon. In the last two weeks he has had both a mild heart attack and a mild stroke. I may not like Andy's life style or what happened between him and Heather, but he is the father of two wonderful children who are dealing with this and are getting stressed out from worry and taking care of him. So, I just ask that you send prayers for comfort for all of them.

It would appear that I need to refill the bark butter feeders. The downy woodpecker is on one of them and is searching for bits and crumbs. There is of course, another one just fifteen feet away that is full so I don't feel too badly for them. But, it does give me reason to get up out of my recliner.

Stay safe if you are in the path of any of these storms that are sweeping across the nation. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment