Thursday, April 6, 2017

Well we just jumped back a month to early March weather. It's forty five degrees, cloudy, sporadic showers, and the wind is whipping out there today. Just downright nasty is what I would call it.

The weather doesn't seem to bother my backyard buffet guests though. As usual, I have plenty of cardinals, finches, woodpeckers, blackbirds, Mr. Fuss-a lot the blue Jay, and a couple of squirrels. As the bushes and trees are leafing out it is going to get harder to see these guys if they aren't on a feeder.

The severe storms that were headed our direction turned and went north so we were spared any severe weather yesterday afternoon. But we have had several rain events from it. There were a couple of tornado touchdown in the area north of us. As is always the case, some more folks lost their mobile home. But, Praise God, I haven't heard of any injuries or deaths.

Our cantata practice went very well last evening. We went straight through it and it will run about 45 minutes. The choir has really worked hard on it so I'm glad it came together for us. There are only about a dozen members to the choir and four of us are "guests". They need to do some heavy recruiting. Unfortunately there isn't a large pot to recruit from.

If I do nothing else today --- I have to get a haircut. I'm looking shaggy and I don't like to look like that. I would never have let my hair get this out of bonus when I was in the military. And if I had --- somebody would have spoken to me about it. But, the days of "high and tight" are long since gone and out here in the civilian world no one cares.

Well, my friends, that is about all I have for today. I keep getting distracted either by incoming conversations, or Ms. Kate bringing a delicious breakfast to me, or by watching the silly squirrels and the birds. So, I will wish you a blessed Thursday and pray you have a blessed remainder of your week. Until tomorrow ---- Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment