Friday, April 7, 2017

Good Friday morning to you! What a beautiful Friday morning this is although it is a breezy forty six degrees out there. My guests at the buffet are having to hold on to eat. At the moment the starlings are here. But they just kind of eat and go and then come back for another round. They remind me of our middle daughter years ago. It was hard to get her to sit down for a meal. She would walk around and snack on her meal or Kate would give her bites as she passed through. That way she ate a full meal. The birds do the same thing.

Ms. Kate fixed a fine breakfast this morning. Our asparagus is doing so well and this morning she made me an asparagus omelette and some sausage patties and she cut up some of the oranges that we brought back from Florida. We don't have many of those left and they are so very good. we are spacing them out so they will last but we don't want to lose them to spoilage either.

I'm not sure what we are going to do today. I know I have to go fill up my gas cans for the lawn mowers and maybe I'll run the mowers. Julie is coming over with the dogs tomorrow. I also need to top off the feeders and pick up some sticks in the yard and then I also need to cut off and dig out the okra from last year. And maybe, I get around to starting on the yard bench that I want to rebuild. See what I mean --- there is always something to do. It is just a matter of  prying the rear end out of the recliner and getting vertical.

I hope that wherever you are today, they sky is as clear and blue as it is here. There isn't a cloud in the sky and I think we can see all the way to heaven. I'm sitting here listening to The Talley Trio singing gospek music on my stereo. They are my new favorite group. They must write all of their own music and each song tells a story. Their harmony is perfect. The daughter of the group has her own following and I have a couple of her albums too. I learned about them through listening to the Gaither Homecoming CDs and on YouTube. I have tried to copy some of their music on the keyboard but haven't been able too so far. But, if you are into gospel music I highly recommend you download or buy some of their music; either The Talley Trio or Lauren Talley. It's good stuff and will fill you with the Holy Spirit. I'm a firm believer that God doesn't just speak to us through a whisper during a prayer. God uses whatever method will get your attention the quickest.

The morning is growing to an end and I haven't gotten much done other than my blog and breakfast and enjoying my backyard guests. So, I better get on with the day. I pray your day will be full of warmth and love and I pray that you will share all of that with someone. It comes from God and is made to be shared. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment