Wednesday, April 5, 2017

It would appear that we are in for the Southern Indiana mixed bag of weather today; sunshine turning to severe storms, warm temperatures turning to cold with even a chance of snow just north of of here, a slight breeze with the possibility of tornadoes before the day is over. We do get it all. Just in the little while that I have been siting here it has gone from calm with zero breeze to probably 15mph wind, and the sky has gone from a brilliant blue to a grey-blue overcast. It probably isn't a day to plan a picnic.

I was out in the yard yesterday afternoon checking things out. The daffodils are about 98% done and the tulips are about 80% done. However, the early azaleas are starting to bloom so the continuation of color is secured. More and more of the trees and bushes are leafing out and as I said yesterday, the redbud trees are beautiful right now. I'm having to cut the asparagus about every other day which is wonderful because we love our asparagus. Also the lettuce and the radishes are showing above ground now too. The peoneys are up about a foot now and the lilies are really looking god. I love this time of year. Ms. Kate bought some mint and some basil to put in a container pony soon. We still have a danger of frost so we won't put it outside just yet. But, I could bring a pot inside and we could go ahead and plant it. I like basil and sometimes I'll just pinch off a couple of leaves and chew it like gum.

I filled up the birdfeeders again yestrday and even had to go out to Wild Birds and Things and pick up more bark but paste and bark butter bits. Today I might run down to Pet Foods and pick up a couple of 40# bags of sunflower seed. That can is getting pretty low. The cardinal bunch are in for breakfast at the buffet right now as is one fat squirrel that has been eating off of that same feeder for at least 30 minutes. I'm thinking it is time he caught a BB on his butt to move him on. The squirrels re a little confused this morning because I cut two large dead branches out of the tulip poplar tree. They usually sit on those two branches to see what is going on in the yard or to sun themselves when it is hot outside.

Tonight is choir practice for the cantata. I guess we will only have one more rehearsal and then it will be Easter Sunday morning. I hope the cantata goes as well as I think it will. It is a good one.

Time to refill the coffee cup and maybe fix a bowl of cereal for my breakfast. As much cereal as I eat, I seldom have it for breakfast. It is my midnight snack I instead.

I hope you have a blessed day. Remember, the week is half over and you're on the way to another weekend. Make the most out of every second and enjoy life. God loves you and I do too. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment