Monday, April 17, 2017


Happy day after Easter. I hope your Easter was filled with good thoughts and love and a worshipful experience. We went to the Sunrise service at St. Lucas and sang in the cantata and it went perfect. I think this may have been one of the best cantatas we have done so far. After the sunrise service Ms. Kate and I headed out to New Albany to have Easter lunch with Julie and Jim. we are so happy those two decided to move to Indiana and we get to see them as often as we do.

It is an overcast day today with an occasional bit of sprinkles of rain. I went out and mowed my back yard with the walk-behind mower. It was really getting shaggy since I couldn't start the little John Deere. I got the walk-behind out , put some gas in it and it started on the third try. I haven't run that mower in two years. It is about 15 years old; part of the cover is broken off so it rattles like crazy but it always starts and it does a good job. It doesn't pull as well as it used to so I really need to take it to have it worked on by someone who knows what they are doing.

This week we are busy with something every day. Tomorrow Ms. Kate has to have an injection in her had for arthritis. Wednesday the John Deere people are supposed to come pick up the little tractors and the HVAC folks are coming to do their spring servicing on my air conditioner. We buy a yearly contract for them to come in the spring for the AC and in the fall for the furnace. Thursday we have a fence contractor coming out to give us an estimate on replacing our fence and gates in the back yard. And today we are waiting on a plumber to come check out our hallway bathroom for some toilet issues. Oh, the joys of home ownership. And --- to top it all off, we don't have land line service for our phones and I have tried now for four hours to call Spectrum with my cell phone and all I get is a busy signal.

Ms. Kate had an aunt pass away this weekend. She was the last of that generation and that now makes Kate's sister, Karen the matriarch of that side of the family, and Karen is just a month younger than me. I only have one aunt left on my side of the family. It is amazing how we can go along doing our "day-to-day" stuff and suddenly we have become the senior generation of the family. If nothing else, it makes one aware of their own mortality. Were I not a man of faith --- that might worry me; but death doesn't scare me. The great resurection event we celebrated yesterday assures us that it is only after your heart stops beating that you truly begin to live.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment