Tuesday, March 1, 2016

There is thunder, lots of it, in the distance, but it hasn't started to rain just yet. It's early and I don't have any reason to be out of bed just yet, but here I am. We are supposed to be hit with a fairly strong storm this morning with a lot of wind and rain mainly. I have no doubt that I'll doze back off sitting here in my chair.

All of the girls made it home just fine from their travels. Like me, it is back to "the real world" for them too. Heather flew in to San Diego where she had a conference to attend. She sent us a picture of the beautiful beach where she is last night. Actually, San Diego is only a couple of hours from her home so a beach view isn't anything new for her. Daughter Lisa only has a couple of hours to drive for an Atlantic Ocean view too. Julie and Ms. Kate and I have "water views" too about ten minutes away but ours are of the Ohio River; her in New Albany/Louisville area and us here in Evansvile, 100 miles from her. Somehow, that doesn't seem the same; although the Ohio River is a pretty River for the most part.

I only have a couple of cardinals and a woodpecker this morning. Of course, I'm to blame for that as I never did get arounnd to filling feeders yesterday. A couple of starlings and blackbirds came by here earlier to check it out, saw there was nothing and left. There is still plenty of safflower seed for the cardinals, thistle seed for the finches etc, and a caged feed cylinder for the smaller birds. Everybody else will just have to suck it up.

Ms. Kate and I went up to the church yesterday and picked up the remaining things from the party. The house looks like a floral store now. We had thirteen tables at the party and Ms. Kate had put a fresh rose bouquet on each table. We also had a beautiful flower arrangement that was given to us by St. Lucas church. We picked up all of those and then went to Karen's house and dropped off half of them to her. She has a party at her house this week and was needing some flowers for her house, so it worked out well.

The wind is starting to pick up and it is getting darker outside as opposed to lighter. I've seen some cloud to cloud lightning off in the west now so I reckon the storm is almost here. I like to sit and watch storms as long as they aren't severe so this should be relaxing.

I hope your Tuesday is a good one; full of God's blessings and love. Take time to stop and give thanks for your blessings and to do something nice for someone today. Until next time --- Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment