Tuesday, March 29, 2016

What is up with these squirrels this morning? They have certainly given rise to the definition of "feeling squirrelly". I have four of them running and chasing, and fighting, all over the yard, the trees, and my roof. I don't know if it is a territorial dispute or a mating session. Bunch of  weirdos.

And a happy absolutely beautiful Tuesday morning to you. It is forty five degrees but the sun is shining brightly. I went out and put the mail in the box and it almost felt warm out there. I think I need to do something productive outside today and take advantage of this beautiful weather. Yesterday was a productive day inside as I managed to get a sermon written. So a little celebration of fresh air is in order. I think I'll start breaking down my limb and twig pile that has built up over the winter. I break them up into small pieces and put them into the trash can. I wish I had a "burn barrel" but I don't.  But, better to let the trash man carry them off to the land fill than to add smoke to the atmosphere. But I do love the smell of the wood smoke. I have thought before that we might like one of those fire pits but we really don't have a place to put one. Besides, why sit out with the mosquitos when I can enjoy the same view from inside a screened in sunporch.

I notice that the daffodils are now starting to wane. Soon their blooms will be gone and they will just be greenery for awhile, Then even that will all just lay over to the ground and die back. But --- the tulips are looking healthy and will be blooming shortly, and the lilies are growing fast too. The azaleas are leafing out well and the peonies are coming up nicely too. So, we will have beautiful flowers around here for quite a while. The redbud trees are starting to bloom and our lilacs are coming along nicely as is the big snowball bush. I do love spring time of the year.

Julie is off to Orlandoo Florida this morning for a Barnes and Noble store managers conference. She will meet up and room with her best buddy, Karen, who manages a store in in MA. Those two are like peas in a pod. There will be a lot of gabbing and coffee drinking going on down there this week. And --- they might accidentally learn something.

It is mornings like this that just make a person be glad to be alive and able to enjoy God's creation. To be able to just sit here and enjoy watching the woodpeckers and robins, and a dozen cardinals and yes, even my insane squirrels that are still doing frantic antics, is just such a blessing. If all of humanity would and could just stop for one day and enjoy something like this, all at the same time --- it would so benefit the world. So, I urge you to do your part and stop for awhile and take in the beauty and peace that can come from absorbing that which God has made. Go stand outside in the sunshine and breathe in God's blessings and think nothing but positive thoughts. It will do your mind, your heart, and your soul good. Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. Dawn (from Hanover) and I are sitting by the pool and just enjoying the scenery.

    ReplyDelete