Monday, March 28, 2016

A blessed Monday morning to you! It is a chilly one at 47 degrees this morning and no sun is breaking through. I see patches of blue up there but no bright light in my micro-portion of the world just yet. The air is relatively still this morning with only the slightest movement of any leaves. The Corinthian chimes give off an occasional sound but I think that is from the birds landing on the branches next to them.

Easter has come and Easter has gone. Yesterday was a busy day and it all went off without a single hiccup. The choir sounded great doing their cantata, the church breakfast was excellent as it always is, the services were well attended, and our after services lunch at our favorite resturant was excellent.  Julie and Auggie came for the weekend and we enjoyed a great visit with her. Log another holiday in the books.

Now, Ms. Kate and I can concentrate on getting ready for our vacation. We are going to drive to California for Heather's wedding. We have only kind of "guesstimated" at where we are going to stop each day. But we know the route fairly well because we have driven across the country so many times. Generally we plan well in advance where we are going to stay and have our hotels laid out in advance and reservations made. This time, because we need to be there on a certain date and are limited on when we can leave, we may actually just do the old "let's see how far we can make it each day". We aren't crazy about that idea but there are always hotels. The problem is that there aren't always cities when you are ready to stop and we don't want to drive to exhaustion. We might have just flown out but we have a couple of end tables to take to Heather. One of these days I'm going to retire and when we travel we won't have schedules to keep. I am looking forward to that day more and more.

I see the observation side panel on my bluebird house is open again. I wonder what keep pulling that open.  I guess I am going to have to run a screw in it. There was a small nail holding it shut, but Idon't know what happened to that.

I have a mountain of writing to do before we take off on vacation. As you know, I can't just lay my fingers on a keyboard and magic happens. I spent some time last evening and came up with a few ideas but that is a long way from being ready to actually form a complete thought and write something that makes sense. But, I rely on the fact that God will let the words flow as they need to.

The sun has broken through the clouds and lit up my backyard kingdom. Unfortunately, it is time for me to head downstairs to my office. I hope you have a wonderful week. Never forget that God walks every step of your life with you either as defender, protector or the strength you need to take your next step. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment