Saturday, March 26, 2016

A beautiful 47 degree morning greets me this morning out here in the sunporch. The sun is bright in a cloudless sky for a change from the last couple of days anyway. We were under a frost warning until 0900 in this area but we didn't see any of that around here.

Julie and Auggie dog came down yesterday afternoon to spend Easter with us. She and Auggie are in the family room behind me and both are gently snoring  on the couch. hearing their snoring has lulled me into a couple of drift offs too as I sit here. But, I 'm also having my coffee and the remains of a box of Dunkin Donut Munchkins that Jules brought me  from her area. We don't have Dunkin Donuts here. But, true to form, Auggie was sleeping beside Julie until I opened the box of Munchkins and ZAP! There was Auggie sitting beside me waiting for one. Not too spoiled!

I have a good variety of back yard friend this morning; lots of cardinals, junkos, doves, mockingbirds, finches and robins. I expect my Pilated woodpecker to show up this morning too. But, with Auggie here, what I won't have is squirrels. He does a good job of keeping them at bay.

I finished writing the wedding service for my daughter Heather last night. The wedding is five weeks from today. Starting Momday, when all of the Easter work is done, Ms. Kate and I need to get serious about planning our trip to California. This will be an exciting occasion. Heather's daughter Lauren will be her Maid of Honor and her son Jon will walk her down the aisle. The wedding will be on one of their beautiful golf courses they have in Riverside. It will be wonderful having all of my girls in one place again. I totally cherish those times.

We don't have anything on our radar today except Ms. Kate has to make something to take to the church for the parish breakfast in the morning. I think she is going to make a couple of pans of French toast casserole. That goes over well and makes great left overs if there is any. Church meals are always great because the food is always so good. It seems that everybody kind of has one or two "signature dishes" that you can count on them making. And there is always more than enough.

I hope your Easter Day is a joyful one. Take time to remember why we celebrate this occasion. It is critical to your soul. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment