Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A happy Tuesday morning to you. It is sunny and 46 degrees and the world is bright. I hear a fire truck running down the road two streets over, and now it sounds as if a second has joined it. Hopefully no one is hurt and it turns out to be nothing more than smoke from burnt toast. Alas, I suspect it will be more than that.

Tuesday of Holy Week. This is the day that Jesus is alleged to have gone into the temple and turned over the money tables I think. I don't know why we say that or believe it happened on Tuesday of thee week because there is nothing in the gospel about a timeline for the events of the week. In fact the event of turning the money tables over occurred early in the ministry according to one of the gospels. So, in reality, we don't know what actually happened. I know I sometimes wonder about the events that are portrayed in the Bible and I contemplate the significance of their reporting. In this instance, for example, Jesus had been going in and out of the temple all his life, so, -- what ticked him off this particular time. What caused him to suddenly decide that he was tired of the system as it was? I have an idea about that but --- you will just have to come to my church and hear it when I put it in sermon form. LOL

I went to the churches yesterday and ran and stuffed the bulletins for my first two services this week.  Then I came home and got started on my services for April. I also took my truck in for servicing So now both vehicles are spring and road ready. According to my odometer I wasn't due for an oil change in the truck yet but I last had it done in October. I don't put but about five thousand miles a year on my truck so it should last me a long times. It is eight years old and just does have 40,000 miles on it. We've had the Caddilac for only a year and a half and already have half that many miles on it.

My backyard guests this morning have been mainly starlings, You can tell I filled the bark butter paste feeders yesterday because they have been all over them. Only a couple of downy woodpeckers have come in to challenge the starlings. But, now, the cardinals are arriving for breakfast They always look so beautiful when the sun shines on them. Mr. Fuss-a-lot was here earlier making all kinds of racket. He didn't stay long. He basically came in, announced his presence and left. I guess he didn't like the company, I don't know. And of course, there are one or two squirrel out there to help themselves. I saw my rabbits running around in the yard again yesterday so I know they haven't gone too far.

I have prayers to lift up for some specific people today that have some challenges in their life at the moment. So, I pray that God will give them the strength to accept what must be and know that God walks beside them at all times. I also pray that anyone who reads this will find the peace that can rest in your soul because of a solid relationship with God. This is "the season" that we celebrate the sacrifice and death of Jesus Christ. As Christians we believe that Jesus was in fact the Son of God who came to earth specifically for the purpose of providing a path for our souls back to God's heavenly realm. Yet, if we focus on this during "this season", then we let our faith grow weak. Salvation is an everyday goal. The Resurrection is an everyday event. God is always present in our lives and is never further away than a prayer. Have a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment