Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Mid week again already. Where does the time go? It is a cloudy 57 degree morning and the clouds are going to get thicker as the day goes on and the temperature reaches 70. That of course means we are under a slight risk for severe thunderstorms. It is springtime in the Ohio Valley.

This morning we have another battle of the sharp beaked birds. The woodpeckers and the starling and the bluejay are all trying for the same feeders and and they are each very area protective. So there has been a lot of pecking at one another and fussing at one another going on out there. Meanwhile on the ground, the wrens and the junkos are darting here and there and everywhere . The robins are here and are taking their baths this morning in my freshly filled birdbaths. And, the cardinal is sitting on the edge of the bird bath looking at the Robin as if to say; "Aww man, I was going to drink out of there!"
There is enough of a breeze this morning to keep the Corinthian chimes playing. It can easily lull a person off to a hypnotic sleep.

Yesterday was a busy day with some work getting done and fun being had. I got a lot of my limb and twig pile broken up and put into my trash can. The trash man comes early in the morning so I will clean up the rest of it into next week's can. Then I will have a bunch of raking to do in the whole area.  Ms. Kate and I also went and got a pedicure at the local nail place. As I told someone yesterday, I don't bend over like I used to and taking proper care of my feet is important. So, I pay to have a pedicure. I also got another sermon finished last night so it was a very productive day. Today of course being Wednesday means that we should go to the church and run our bulletins. However, tomorrow is going be kind of a nasty weather day and a good day to be inside too so maybe we will wait. Although, if I don't go run bulletins today, I'll just be down in the basement in my office anyway. So I guess it is six one way and half a dozen the other.

Ms. Kate and I think that maybe we can start sitting a few of our planters back outside. I have one whole corner of the sunporch taken up with these things. It is going to be April in a couple of days and warm weather will be more and more prevalent. It will be nice to open up that space out here in the sunporch again. But, we've kept several of these plants going for years now because we bring them in and out according to season.. I think I'll move some out today though and let God water them tonight.

I need to go out Andy fill the bark butter feeders again so I guess I'll sign off. I hope your day is full of blessings and good thoughts. Take a few moments and look around at the world God created just for you. Then, give thanks for those blessings that are right there in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment