Monday, March 7, 2016

Another Monday has popped around hasn't it? It is currently 57 degrees already this morning and is going to 70 degree today. Thank you Lord for a day such as this. So, I'm sitting here watching the cardinals, doves, and finches have breakfast and come to the bird bath for a drink. I have unplugged the electric one for the summer and may go ahead and sit the other bird baths up.. I think the freezing is pretty well over for the season. We are supposed to get several inches of rain this week so I might as well let God fill my bird baths. It is supposed to be in the upper sixties and lower seventies all week. It would really be a super week if it didn't rain. That would allow it to get dry enough to get some raking done. I also need to get my yard treated for grubs and other insects. This is March already and that is the time to do that. Ms. Kate says she wants to get the Epson Salts put on the flower beds too. I don't know why she does that but she does and so does her sister. It is probably something they learned from their mom or from one of their gardening books and shows. Her sister is a Master Gardener so who knows.

I'm sitting here listening to an Andre Rieu CD, having my coffee and looking around at my flowerbeds and bushes. I still don't have any daffodils blooming but there is a wealth of buds on them. And, I'm not sure --- but from here it appears the fire bushes may be starting to leaf out. I can't tell by color because I don't see  a lot of shades of green but the bushes look "fuzzier" from here and a little bit harder to see through. I'll check them out after while when I go out to fill the bird feeders once again. We didn't have a single crocus come up this year. Perhaps the voles ate them. But the tulips are up so it is going to be really nice around here come Easter. I also need to get out and rake the last of the deadfall off of the lillies so they can do what they need to do. And --- it is time to get some mulch put down. Too much to do.

I started on my Easter Sunday message last night. I didn't get much writing done because once again I got caught up in reading and research. I probably spent at least an hour reading about cultural differences in beliefs about life after death. I find it fascinating how many cultures are basically saying the same thing but just in a different way. The "paths" to the afterlife vary greatly but the end journey and eternity destination are in many ways the same with varying terminology. Of course until someone comes back and sits down and writes a book about it ---- it is still all theory, regardless of how strongly you believe that theory to be true. As Christians, we base our life on the journey and how we make the journey as much as the final outcome. In other words, my personal belief is that getting to "Heaven" should be secondary to living my life as Christ would want me to and therefore doing things that please God. If, when I die I am rewarded with an eternal life in the presence of God --- that is the cherry on top of the sundae!

So, that is my sermon for the day. Now, I need to get out of my chair and get busy. I hope your day is full of God's blessings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment