Monday, February 29, 2016

Oh happy day! It's a beautiful 41 degrees out there on this sun shiny morning. The weekend is over, the celebrations are all done with the exception of some clean-up yet to be finished and putting a few things away. Ms. Kate and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary in true style. All three of the girls came in to celebrate with us on Saturday afternoon. We had about forty friends for dinner at our favorite resturant on Saturday evening and then after church yesterday we held a luncheon for the entire parish in the annex of one of our churches. We had so very many well wishes and a lot of love spoken throughout the weekend. God has truly blessed Ms. Kate and me. Now, it is back to reality and taking care of business. The girls all left yesterday afternoon and spent the night at Julie's house. She then took them to the Louisville Airport in time for 0700 flights this morning. The great news though is that we will all see each other again in late April for Heather's wedding, and then Ms. Kate and I will see Lisa and her family in June for Matt's graduation from high school.

My bird feeders are empty --- again! There have been blackbirds covering my yard all weekend. They have eaten all the sunflower seed from the feeders and cleaned out the bark butter feeders. There is only a partial suet cake left in one of the feeders and a seed cake that is in a cage so that only small birds can get to it. So, some time today, I need to get out there and re-fill everything. We also need to go back up to the church and pick up the rest of the stuff from yesterday. The weather is supposed to give us another roller-coaster week of cold and hot, rain, snow, and sunshine so we need to pick our days to get out and about. This week is the beginning of meteorlogical spring and we are promised that March will "come in like a lion", as they say. I reckon we shall see. Hopefully it will "go out like a lamb."

Today is the 29th of February which of course only happens every four years. So, if you were born on this date 24 years ago, you would be celebrating your sixth birthday today. How weird would that seem?

I'm still rumbling around trying to find a good sermon thought for the 13th of March. I have this idea playing around in the back of my head but it isn't getting very far. But it has to come tumbling out of my head soon. Time is running out.

It is time for me to get up and busy for today. There is too much to do to just sit here and enjoy myself while I watch these beautiful cardinals flit around the yard and listen to the blackbird fuss because there isn't feed for them. Before I quit though I must take a few moments and finish my devotions for the morning and give God praise and thanks for this day and all that it holds. God is so good. Have a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment