Saturday, March 5, 2016

Well, I did a quick survey of everybody here in the sunporch this morning and neither me. Myself, nor I asked for showers this morning but we seem to be getting some passing by quick little shots anyway. The sun is cresting the roofline and these won't last long I suspect.

It has been a fun morning for watching my back yard guests. For a change I'm not over run with black birds. The pilated woodpecker has been here twice this morning as have several other varieties of woodpeckers. There have been a number of cardinals, goldfinches, house finches, titmouse, junkos, mockingbirds, and a couple of robins running all over the yard. The occasional starling drops in but doesn't stay long.

We went to the church yesterday and picked up my persona stuff out of the office. Hopefully after church on Sunday, we can get a bunch of guys to move the other stuff out of the office so they can paint. A week from today we will all be at the church making chicken pies. It is an annual fund raiser for the women's guild. We'll make about 200; that's about how many orders we have taken. It takes a lot of work though to roll out all of that dough, and stir all of that stuff. They don't make what I would call a "chicken pot pie" because hey don't put any veggies in the,.But, they always sell them quickly. I'm not a fan of the pies but the social environment to make them is super. If we get enough help, we can be done by 1400 hours at the latest.

I want to go to a place this morning that sells and installs fencing. Our's is looking pretty shabby and we need to replace it. I already know it ain't going to be cheap. Ms. Kate and I built the existing one about ten years ago. It was a lot of work.

That is about it for today. Time to refill the coffee cup and read some more of this book I'm reading. I hope your weekend is full of joy and love. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment