Friday, March 25, 2016

Lesson learned for today --- if I don't take advantage of a semi-warm day and fill my bird feeders, then I have to do it when it is 35 degrees out. Of course I alreaady knew that but was just too lazy to do anything about it yesterday until it was too late and we had other things to do. Priorities - priorities!! But the bottom line is that the birds all have food and I can quit feeling guilty. Of course the bad news is that I need to take my $100 bill and go to the bird food stores. I need to pick up a hundred pounds of sunflower seed as well as several other types of stuff. I must keep the critters happy or they will find somewhere else to dine.

We had a well attended Maundy Thursday service last evening. There were more folks there than I had thought might be; maybe fifty or so. I sang my solo and I guess it went alright. Ms. Kate said it sounded good. Our next thing will be the sunrise service on Easter Morning. I'm really looking forward to the Cantata. I think it is the best one we have tried to do and it is one that we pulled out of the filing cabinet from about twenty five years ago. I woud love for the choir to sing a couple more times before they quit for the summer.

Today is a cold and grey Good Friday. Very appropriate conditions for the occasion that we acknowledge; the death of Jesus Christ by crucifixion on a cross. Of course on the secular side of this week, kids from kindergarten through college are on spring break. The stores are packed with "Easter Bunny" stuff and spring clothes for Easter wear. Walmart, Sam's, and Target will be packed today as people buy the eggs and candy for the bunny to leave, and they buy the traditional Easter ham for Sunday's dinner. Julie and the pup will be coming over yet this afternoon. Jim is not coming. He says he has a problem with his allergies and he also has to work. Julie says he is miserable from the pollen and stuff in the spring air. Personally, I suspect it might be a bit deeper than that. This is a "religious" weekend and Jim is not a person of faith for I guess a variety of reasons. I know none of his family was raised in the church. Ms. Kate and I didn't do a very good job of bringing our kids up in the church either but our children grew up with a knowledge of our beliefs. It does make a difference I think.

Lots of cardinals, finches, junkos, and woodpeckers are here now to dine at the buffet. I'm thrilled that I also have a bluebird checking out the bluebird house. I would love it if it decided to nest in there. I've had that bluebird house up for a couple of years and nothing has moved in. I've heard that it usually takes two or three years to get bluebirds to come to a house like that.

Time for me to get busy. Ms. Kate is filling her pill containers this morning and that takes quite a long time because she does a month or six weeks at a time. I'm helping with the laundry, a job I have never minded doing. Now I must read my Max Lucado devotions for the day and say my "gratefulls".  If I don't get around to writing tomorrow, know that I pray your Easter will be filled with the Holy Spirit of a Risen Savior. Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment