Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The fat old squirrel is sitting in the Pussy Willow tree just outside my sunporch and he is working himself to death to get sunflower seeds out of a feeder. I've said it before that I get amazed at these critters. If every American had the work ethic, determination, and stamina of a squirrel, there would be no unemployment in this country. However, the fact that he is trying to eat out of this particular feeder tells me that all of the others must be empty. I reckon I better do something about that today.

Welcome to another Wednesday. I have been kept busy so far this week and today of course will be no different. I have an appointment way out on the west side of town in an hour. Then this afternoon I need to go run the bulletins and the newsletter for this week. There will be extras to run since this is Easter Sunday and the C&E crowd will be out. That is the folks that come only on Christmas and Easter. I went up Monday and ran the bulletins for tomorrow night and for the Sunrise service on Sunday. Then I have to meet Ms. Brenda, our keybor]ard player at St. Lucas and rehearse my solo for the service tomorrow night, and after that we have a full rehearsal of the cantata.

Yesterday I decided that I could probably swap out my snow blade from my John Deere and put on the mower deck by myself. I got it done; ---- although I should spend some time in the "confession booth" for the language that came out of my mouth trying to get that last pin and cotter pin in place. I really needed someone on the other side of the mower to just hold it in place, but when there is no one --- ya' gotta just hold your math right and improvise.

It is a cloudy, 57 degree morning with a slight wind. Rain is moving in for late tonight and part of the day tomorrow. But, then while it might get a little cooler, the Easter weekend looks pretty good. I think the Easter bunny will probably be able to do his job.

Time for me to get ready and get to my appointment and start my day. I'm sorry this is short but know that it comes with prayers for you my readers. I pray you will have a blessed and peaceful day. Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment