Friday, March 4, 2016

Welcome to the land of "One More". I've called it that because that is what I keep hearing from our weather forecaster. He says; "just one more cloudy day and the sun will be shining"; "One more cold night and it will start to warm up." Last night he gave the "outlook for March". He said it was going to be warmer and dryer than normal ---- but we just have "one more week with about four inches of rain coming, then it will be nice". Well that will put us half way through the month, with the first half being cold, dreary, and wet and snowy.  ------ yes, I'm being grumpy this morning because it is another barely above freezing, cloudy day. I need my coffee attitude adjustment.

I filled the feeders yesterday as you know. I also bought a new suet feeder that holds four suet cakes. There has been no lack of takers this morning. Those darn starlings have of course almost cleaned out the bark butter feeders already. They are like starlings on crack! But mostly this morning it is the finches and sparrows along with maybe a half dozen cardinals; --- and one squirrel. But it is early yet and a lot more visitors will be in before I leave my chair.

It is my day off and I have a book I want to read today. It is a locally written book about Gibson County that was loaned to me by one of my parishioners. My other job today is to go to the church and get my stuff out of the office at St. Lucas. They are going to paint my office starting on Monday and I have pictures and stuff on the walls to take down, my robe and stoles to get out of there and my laptop computer. I think Sunday they will get a bunch of the guys and move filing cabinets etc. out of there. The area is looking nice. They have painted the hallway, and bathrooms so far. They've put in new lighting and a new dropped ceiling, and a new furnace. My office is the last place that needs to be done. Everything is so much brighter and will make a better impression on visitors. Building need to be treated as if we care about them, and God's "House" needs to be treated with special respect. I hope in the process of moving stuff out they take the time to also get rid of a lot of the old books, Bibles, and hymnals that have been setting on those shelves for probably fifty years. I think the Bibles are all KJV which very few people read anymore. However, God's word is still God's word regardless of which version. I'll check that today too. There has to be a mission group somewhere that will take these for us and can use them.

Well, coffee and cardinals have changed my attitude. (Wow, I think I just got a sermon flash; "Coffee and Cardinals") The sky is no brighter than it was before but my attitude and outlook for the day is. The next step is to give thanks to God for this dreary grey day and the blessings God sends to brighten it up. The Holy Spirit is always right there when you need it. Take time today to acknowledge it and give thanks for it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment