Thursday, March 24, 2016

It is warm and rainy this morning as a spring storm passes through today. I laughed at the weatherman's description this morning when he said there will be buckets of rain coming down. But most of this is supposed to be through us by afternoon. Hopefully it won't still be raining this evening. We have our Maundy Thursday service at 1900 hours and bad weather tends to keep people away, especially our older crowd.

We have had a relaxing morning around here. Ms. Kate fixed us a great brunch of eggs, fried potatos, milk gravy, bacon and toast. It just doesn't get better than that for a brunch. I could eat a breakfast meal twice a day and be happy. When we lived in the Philippines we had a house girl (a live-in maid) who had no experience really with cooking food for American's. But -- she was engaged to one of my young airmen and he asked us to hire her and would Ms. Kate teach her to "cook American." I hired her for a smaller than usual salary and told her that as soon as she learned to cook me a "proper breakfast", I would give her a raise. It didn't take her long to master the art of over easy eggs, biscuits, milk-gravy, fried potatos and bacon. She got her raise and proved t be a very capable house girl. They eventually married, he went on to get his comission and become an officer. I saw then many years later and they were happily married and he was gaining weight! LOL.

I failed all of my outdoor friends yesterday and did not get the bird feeders filled. As usual there is still plenty of feeders that have food in them, but they can't go to their favorite feeders. I guess sometimes they have to resort to being "wild birds and squirrels" instead of my back yard pets. I had a new cat in the back yard this morning. It was well groomed and probably someone's pet. It seemed very comfortable around the house and even stopped to look in at me with out fear. I had heard the squirrels chittering at something earlier and I suspect that was the cause. This cat seem very interested in the squirrel that was sitting there chittering at it. I was hoping the cat would climb up the tree after that squirrel, but eventually they came to an "Obama agreement" and did nothing.

Ms. Kate and I now have all of the bulletins for the week run and cantata practice went very well last night; --- except for the walking part. Now, ---- we only have a dozen choir members and they need to walk down in six pairs of two to their chairs. It took ten minutes to figure out how they were going to do that. We can master singing Bach and Beethoven --- it's just walking we have a problem with. I just sit and laugh about it.

I guess I have milked reelaxing for its full benefit by now so I need to get to my office downstairs and do some work. Have a blessed day; stay in touch with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment