Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Midweek already! I missed my porch time yesterday. I had a meeting and stuff to do at the church that.started early and went long. Yesterday was the monthly Pastor's Circle meeting and it was my turn to host, so I had to be there early to get the coffee mad and the goodies set out. The meeting was a meeting and that is about exciting as it gets. The good side is that I got to have lunch at R'z, I got my bulletins run already, and --- I still have left over snacks for this morning's breakfast. I'm making silk purses out of sow's ears this morning.

It is 61 degrees already this morning but there will be no sunshine today. The rain is slowly moving in today so the sky is cloud covered and grey. But, that is alright since most of my day is going to be spent at the computer writing or trying to figure out my deceased mother's taxes. I've about decided that I am not going to die. There is just too much paperwork involved. I mean, if a person dies and there is no estate left to settle, and nobody pays the taxes ---- what are they going to do? ---- Dig them up, put them in a chair and call them a congressman!!!!  But, we got that to take care of and then we have to get started on our taxes.

I don't have a lot of birds this morning. I have a couple of Robins hopping around, three or four cardinals, a couple of woodpeckers and starlings, but that is about it. The good news is that the daffodils are starting to bloom here and there in the yard. And --- I did find some crocus blooming out by the mailbox. But all of the ones up by the house will have to be replanted I reckon.

I was dismayed at my meeting yesterday to hear yet again the discussion about Licensed Ministers wearing a stole. We have a young lady that is going through the discernment process for licensing and eventual ordainment. She was talking about robes and stoles and was informed that she should not be wearing a stole because she isn't ordained. I get so tired of hearing that. I really need to find out where it says that in our denomination rules or policies. I've always worn a stole despite being told the same thing. But I just hate the "you're not really a minister" mentality behind it all. Some times the "learned clergy" just drive me nuts with their pettiness. If an ordained minister minister feels threatened by me because I'm a Licensed Miinister and I'm wearing a stole when I preach the Gospel --- they need to find another career field. Okay, I'll get back down from my soapbox.

The rain has started and if I don't get out of this recliner to where I can't hear the raindrops falling on the roof --- I will fall asleep. So, I pray you will have a most blessed day. Give thanks to the Lord for the bushel of blessings you are receiving yet again today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment