Tuesday, March 2, 2021

 Happy Tuesday morning! The sun is shining brightly and it looks beautiful. However, it is still a bit nippy at 35 degrees. With a little luck, the temperature is to go up to 50 degrees, I think. That will be good. I heard last evening on the weather news that we are to have about ten days of dry weather and temps in the 50. I’m really hoping that the ground dries out enough that I can plant some potatoes in my new raised bed. Old wive’s wisdom used to say they were supposed to be planted on St. Patrick’s day. I assume because heh was Irish and the Irish were known for potatoes. But, St. Patrick’s Day is only two weeks from now and I have some potato that have sprouted and I want to plant them.

Ms.Kate and I plan to go to Sam’s Club today and pick up some stuff and she wants to go to Fresh Market because it is “ground chuck Tuesday” and the ground chuck is on sale every Tuesday. I see a meat loaf in my future. She makes a great meat loaf. I have one son-in-law\ that won’t eat meat loaf. I forget which one it is. He like all of the stuff that one would use to make meat\ loaf, but for what ever reason, he doesn’t like it when it is all combined. Maybe his mom made bad meat loaf. I used to be the same way about Lasagna. I like the ingredients but not the product. Then I figured out that it was the ricotta cheese that I didn’t like. But, now I eat lasagna with zero problem.  There aren’t very many things that I don’t like but last night Neighbor Dan called and offered us a “double chocolate layered cheesecake”. He had me interested until he said cheesecake. I’ve never like cheesecake. I find it heavy and dry to the taste. So I turned him down. Ms. Kate and I aren’t big on cheese of any kind. 

Unfortunately, I have to prepare for a funeral today. One of my parishioners passed away yesterday afternoon. The funeral is to be a graveside service only at 1400 tomorrow in the St. Lucas cemetery. He wasn’t all that old but he has been in ill health for years. So, for him, all of that is gone and he arrived to meet his folks fresh and new on the other side of the veil. We can’t be sad about that can we?

As soon as the ground dries out a little more, I need to put one of my bird-feeder poles back up. The rain and wind took it down the other night. The ground was soggy from the melting snow and then getting 2.5 inches of rain on top of that, it didn’t take much wind to take it down. 

That’s it my friends. I hope your day has started off with you counting off your blessings and then giving God praise for each one of them. It’s the least we can do. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment