Thursday, March 11, 2021

 Hello Thursday, nice to see you back again. I had not planned to see you quite this early though. The sun is barely up. But I guess I will get to see if the early bird really does get the worm. So far I’ve seen only one worm eater (robin). It was hopping around the yard for a couple of minutes and then took off. My first duty of day was to shoot a stray cat in the butt with my BB gun. It may have been looking for mice or voles but I wasn’t going to let it stay around and have one of my Backyard Buffet guests for dessert. 

It’s a warm morning, 65 degrees, and overcast. Forecasters are predicting rain on and off for the next few days. We are expecting maybe three inches total by Sunday. We certainly can’t complain too much, we’ve had a really nice string of nice weather for the past ten days. The ground did dry out sufficiently for me to plant my early garden. I got the potatoes in on Saturday and yesterday I planted two kinds of lettuce and some radishes. I still have peas, basil, and cilantro seed tp put in the ground. The basil and cilantro will each go in a large flower pot on the patio. The peas have to wait a couple of more weeks before I plant them. 

I slept poorly last night. Do you ever have those nights that you have something on your mind and just can’t sleep? For me, it was “doing my taxes”. I’ve been putting my tax paperwork stuff in an envelope all year as it came in. But there is one set of info that we keep in a file that every year we’ve had to go look for. I thought I knew exactly where it was but when I looked for it in the filing cabinet last night, I couldn’t find it. So, that had me stewing all night. But, I got up this morning and found it right away. So, maybe I’ll sit here in my recliner and take a nap before I do anything else. I’m tired. I  don’t that we will do our taxes today, but at least I have everything together except for going to my vehicles and checking my vehicle registration forms to see what I paid in excise tax on them last year. 

It was worth getting up early this morning to see the cardinal and all of thee little junkos and wrens coming in for breakfast. God seems to always have a blessing waiting for me somewhere. That’s why I start the day out with words of gratitude. I can tell that there is a weather front moving in though because I have a slight headache. I’ll add a Tylenol to my morning pills today. 

That’s about it for today. I’m going to finish this cup of coffee and sit here and watch my Backyard Buffet guests. \I pray you will have a wonderful and blessed day. Peace. 




 






No comments:

Post a Comment