Friday, March 5, 2021

 A blessed Friday morning to you. It’s a chilly one out there this morning. The sun is kind of hidden and not bringing much warmth, It is 36shining degrees and the real feel with the wind is 29. Not a morning for walking around in flip flops or short sleeved shirts. But my Backyard Buffet guests are happy because I filled feeders again yesterday, although I didn’t fill any of thee Bark. Butter feeders. That only bothers the woodpeckers and they have several other foods that they also eat. I asked my neighbor, Dan, to come over yesterday and help me  get my feeder pole set back in the ground. I thin  we have it sufficiently deep enough now that it won’t blow over. 

I was going to try to rake some of the leaves off of the flowerbeds back here in the backyard but there is really a heavy layer on there and it is very wet underneath. I think I am going to get a load of mulch and put it right on top of the leaves. They are good mulch and the flowers are coming through the very well. 

I think Julie is coming over today or tomorrow. It depends on whether Jim has to work tomorrow or not If he’s working tomorrow she will come over today. She has to bring some stuff over to the bookstore manager at the University of Evansville so I don’t know just when we will see her. I told her that if Jim comes along, I’d like for him to take the snow blade back off of the John Deere. I think we are past getting any significant snow for this year. Might as well put the mower deck back on and get ready for mowing season. That is a few weeks off yet but it will get here soon enough. I also need to get some lawn fertilizer and crab grass killer and put out on the yards. I have the spreader that attaches to the JD so it is no problem spreading it. Spring time brings fun time. 

We still have not made it to Walmart or Sam’s, maybe we’ll do that today. It depends on how Ms. Kate is feeling. Yesterday was her  first “good day” in a couple of weeks. However, today doesn’t look promising either. If she doesn’t feel like going, I’ll maybe go by myself. I don’t know of anything critical that we need so we’ll see. 

Tine to refill the coffee cup. You have a wonderful Friday. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment