Friday, March 12, 2021

 Good morning on this partly sunny, 50 degree morning. It rained yesterday afternoon and last night and we are expecting more rain through Sunday. The good news is that my garden is getting watered and maybe my seeds will germinate and start to grow. I can hardly wait until I can go out and “gather my bounty”. LOL

So, — who has big plans for this weekend? We certainly don’t. We started working on our taxes yesterday. I hate doing taxes. We go through Turbo Tax and have for the past eight years. It is as self guided as I guess any of them are but I’m always afraid that I’m going to screw something up. And of course, we ran into a problem right away. I’m missing a W-2 from one of the churches that I preached at in 2020. I only preached there for one month, but I need a tax form from them. I preached there for the month of January last year before I moved to the churches in Ft. Branch. I think they forgot that I was employed there. 2020 was such a screwy year in every aspect. Luckily, I know what they paid me and approximately what state, federal, and local taxes were taken out. I figured that out by taking my form from 2019 for that job which was for a full year, and dividing it by 12. It at least gives me some figures to work with while I wait for them to send me my W-2. Did I mention that I hate doing taxes??? My daughter Lisa used to do taxes for people and she loved it. I don’t know where hat trait came from. 

My Moto-Cross Professional granddaughter, Lauren got hurt again last weekend during a race. Somehow she ended up in a bush and dis-located and re-located her shoulder, meaning it popped out and back in again. She said it popped so loudly that she thought maybe she had broken her shoulder —- AGAIN. It appears she has a grade one rotator cuff tear and should heal just fine, The silly girl is racing again this weekend. Her accident last week happened on lap one of the race and she continued to race and finish the rest of the 90 minute race. She absolutely amazes me with what she is willing to do for the love of her sport. Her mom says she feeling better everyday so I guess she will be ready to race by tomorrow, Danged stubborn kid. She’s cute as a button and not much bigger, but when she sets her mind to something, don’t get in her way. Yeh, she’s like her mom and Ms. Kate and me and her two aunts. If the rest of her generation had her work ethic, there would be aa lot more positive construction in this country and a lot less whining and being offended by everything that doesn’t go their way. 

I listened to President Biden last night in his 25 minute speech. Twenty minutes of it was pure rhetoric and five minutes was confused mumble jumble. But, the point of his speech was to tell America that he has signed a bill to give out another stimulus check, time time $1400.00 per American. It is a $1.9 Trillion cost. \I wonder where he is going to get the money??? I suspect the answer is simple, our taxes are going to go up again. 

So, on that happy note I’ll say good day. Peace. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment