Thursday, March 4, 2021

 Happy Thursday. It’s another beautiful day and a day to give thanks for. It will be “warmish” maybe 56 degrees or so. I think the yard may be dry enough for me to walk through it and fill the bird feeders. I also want to do some raking out there in my flower beds. I have so many daffodils and tulips up and they are kind of hidden  by the leaves from last fall.  I think we have had sufficient days in the 50’s that we can rake off the dead stuff. Nursery folks were claiming that we need at least a week in the 50’s so the “Good bugs” can come out of hibernation. I guess we will see what I actually get done . We are supposed to have this kind of weather for the next few days and how it is when I actually get out in the yard. 

I conducted the funeral yesterday and it went well. It was certainly different from the norm. Because the cemetery was so wet, they put the tent up at the edge of the parking lot and the chairs under the tent as usual. But, they had the casket open and they had set it on a pallet, I think, to keep it off of the ground. But, that made the casket really low and when you went by it, it was really strange, at least to me, to be looking way down at the body. Definitely different. 

We were supposed to go to Sam’s Club yesterday afternoon after the funeral but Ms. Kate’s diverticulitis was giving her fits again yesterday. I really feel for her because I have been there, done that, with diverticulitis and it isn’t fun in any way shape or form. Praise the Lord, she feels better today. I don’t know that she is ready to go walk around Sam’s yet though. I’ll put it on the list of activities for today and see what shakes out. 

That’s all I have for you today, I know it is short but I just am dropping by to say “howdy” and remind you that God loves you. You go have yourself a very blessed day. Shalomn 









No comments:

Post a Comment