Saturday, February 27, 2021

 Happy Saturday to you. It’s 51 degrees and the sun is trying to shine up I think the clouds will win out before too long. It rained last night and is supposed to rain agin tonight and also tomorrow, although the temperature is to climb up to almost 70 tomorrow. This is sure a pleasant change from a week ago when we were digging out from the snow. It look like Spring is starting to raise it’s beautiful head. I have daffodils up about four to five inches but no buds on them yet. Give them another week. Sister-in-law Karen has buds on hers but she is always at least a week ahead of us\, I wonder why that is. Perhaps it has something to do with her living on the Ohio River front. She probably gets a different wind flow and moisture level. 

Yesterday Ms. Kate and I celebrated our 55th wedding anniversary. We didn’t do any “big” celebration per se’. We did go out to lunch with Mr. Bob and his daughter Brenda. They are our “Beer and shrooms” buddies and I think I’ve told you that we try to get together for lunch about every six weeks. When Bob’s wife, Georgia Ann was alive, the four of us would go. When Georgia Ann passed, it became Bob and Brenda, and sometimes Brenda’s husband, Andy, will join us. We get one pitcher of beer to split between us, two orders of deep-fried mushrooms and then order what ever the special is for lunch. It’s a good time and Ms. Kate and I don’t have any other friends that we do that, or anything else with. We’ve gotten to be be such “old fogies”.

After lunch, Ms. Kate and I went to AT&T to get her a new IPhone. As opposed to other experiences that we have had with AT&T customer service and sales people, the young lady we dealt with was very knowledgeable enough to answer all of our questions and had the patience to deal with us who don’t really understand a bunch of technology. I gave her an excellent rating on the post visit survey. So now, Ms. Kate has the latest and greatest, the IPhone 12 Pro. It fits her hand much better, the keys are a little larger, and the camera is amazing. It met all of her requirements. She was really interested in the camera because we have the family reunion coming up in three months and she wants good pictures. 

Today, I have to get back down to my office and finish up the sermon I started for next Sunday. I’ve outlined the sermon, done my research, and found my scriptures, so what am I having such a hard time putting it all together? It is frustrating. Maybe I’m not supposed to give it —- I don’t know. Any way, that’s all for today\. Have a great weekend. Peace.















No comments:

Post a Comment