Tuesday, March 9, 2021

 It is another beautiful morning, although I slept through a good deal of it. Ms. Kate and I were sitting in the family room last night watching Bobby Flay on the TV, and we were just chatting and each of us on an IPad doing a picture painting app. Suddenly she says, “It’s 2:30 a.m.. You think we should maybe go to bed??”  I had no idea it was that late. Time does fly when you are having fun and with someone you love. 

I worked until late last night writing and putting together worship services for the upcoming Easter season, so I can see how time snuck up on me. But I got some good work done. I finished up my Maundy Thursday Tenebrae service and I’m started on my Palm Sunday service. I have a concept in my mind for Sunrise service but it will be different because this year we don’t have a choir and aren’t doing an Easter Cantata. That is a luxury we have always had. Our choir people have gotten old, most of us are upper 70 and in our 80’s. I’m afraid that a choir has become a thing of the past. St. Paul’s has never had a choir that I know of and now we are losing the capability to have one at St. Lucas. I’m really going to miss that. But we are not alone, most small churches have lost that capability and the COVID thing hasn’t helped a bit. Many congregations aren’t even letting their member sing yet due to COVID. It does dampen the joy. 

Looks like I need to fill up a couple of feeders again today. There is still food out there but the favorite feeder are empty. It’s terrible when you have to “settle for” LOL It is going to be close to 70 today and I am going to plant my potatoes and I want see if I can find some lettuce seed and radish seed. I think it is time to plant that too. 

Having said that, I need to get cleaned up and start being productive. Have a blessed day. Peace, 









No comments:

Post a Comment