Monday, March 8, 2021

 45 degrees going up tp 65 and a say of sunshine. What a great way to start the day. There are a couple of squirrels playing “Keep off of my feeder” with one another and the chase is progress. The starlings are fighting over another feeder and the rest of my Backyard Buffet guests slip in and out and grab a bite and try to stay out of the fray. The robins are hoping from here to there looking for a worm I reckon. The doves just kiddos waddle around and stop and peck at the ground ignoring everyone else. And the sweet little wrens are next building somewhere as they sift through the leaves trying to find exactly the one they want and then they fly off. So, the backyard is a busy place this morning, but so far no cardinals. 

How was your weekend? Did you spend it “getting stuff done” or did you take time to relax? I told you that Julie was going to come over. And she did. We had a nice visit and did get to seee her fellow store manager and deliver whatever it was she had for her. But, —- while she was out, she went to Parlor Donuts and picked up a dozen donuts and brought them home. Those might be the best donuts I have ever had; and I have had a lot of donuts in my day. Actually, I think she said they are called “Cronuts”. They are like a donut within a croissant. Obviously I’m the last one at my church to have one because a lot of them remarked that they love them too when I posted it on Facebook. 

Yay! The Bluebirds just showed up fro breakfast. I love my bluebirds. 

It looks like I’m going to have to refill some feeders again today several of them are almost empty and with the amount of guests I have today and a lot of warmer weather coming, the number of guests will increase.

We had fairly good attendance yesterday at each church. It is nice to see that folks are getting their COVID vaccine and are starting to trust coming back. We still wear our masks and we social distance (well sort of, people will be people and they are all family.) But is great to hear their voices a they sing and I think folks are glad to be singing again. I finished my sermon for next Sunday last night, I know I’m not, but I feel like I’m running behind. I guess that is because I know we have extra services to plan and do and  there are questions about how we do them. These COVID precautions drive me nuts and I will be so very thankful when we can get back to normal, if there is any such thing these days. We have always done combined services for Maundy Thursday and for Easter Sunrise, but I don’t know if people are going to be comfortable with that or not. We have traditionally done a breakfast at St. Lucas after the Sunrise service but we need to have discussions about that and make a decision. I know many folks want to, but it might put too many people into too close contact. I have maybe a week to come up with a solution. It’s all stuff designed to make me toss and turn at night. LOL

I think that is it for today. I hope you have a very excellent week full of God’s blessings and glory. Peace. 















No comments:

Post a Comment