Friday, March 19, 2021

 Friday, end of the work week. I look out and all I see is sunshine and there appears to be a stiff wind. The I check the thermometer and it is 37 degrees. So much for thinking I want to go outside right away this morning. I think inside is “gooder”!

I’m sitting here trying to think over my day yesterday and I can’t think of a single thing that I really accomplished. Ms. Kate is busy putting stuff together to start on some new cards. We have a bunch of birthdays coming up that she needs to make cards for. So, we decided that we need to go to the bank and get some “birthday $50’s” to send along as gifts. From there we went by the cemetery to see how bad the flowers looked on our loved one’s graves. They look pretty bad and Easter is coming so we need to put new spring stuff on. That took us to Dollar Tree store to find new flowers. She found what she wanted and maybe early next week or maybe even tomorrow we will go put the new flowers on. Ms. Kate does a really great job of keeping the graves decorated. She takes care of every season but winter. Her sister does winter. 

After the Dollar Tree store we drove over to Applebee’s for lunch. I was hungry for a steak and they have a pretty good one. She had a prime rib sandwich. From there it was back home. She worked more on her cards and I worked on my Easter service for awhile. And that —- was it for the day. The next thing you know, it was time for Family Feud which we watch together every evening. Then Young Sheldon, followed by Swamp People. We are some exciting people. That’s about it; I then go to my basement to watch TV and she watches what ever she like up stairs; generally some detective show.

Today, I have the laundry going first thing. I never mind doing the laundry or helping with the laundry. I’ve been doing or helping with laundry since I was a child helping my mother hang clothes on a line. As long as it doesn’t involve ironing, I don’t mind; —- I wonder if we still have an iron. Man, “back in the day” when Ms. Kate and I were first married and I was a young airman, having a starched uniform and highly polished boots was critical. Ms. Kate used to starch and iron and starch and iron. That has all changed now for the military, and it is thanks to technology. They found out that starch and shoe polish sent out electromagnetic wave and could be detected by the enemy. Nobody starches or polishes anything anymore. It is sure a different military than I what I left twenty years ago. 

I think it is time for me to clean up and go to the barber shop. The hair is starting to get a little long and I need just a trim. You have yourself a pleasant Friday and a safe and happy weekend. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment