Wednesday, March 24, 2021

 This is certainly a day that God has made and we must rejoice and be glad in it. Yes, that is a loose adaptation of Psalm 118:24. it to look out there and see all of that sunshine, and hear all of the birds in the trees just makes me happy and I can only stop and give thanks God for another heaping helping of blessings. 

We were threatened with rain yesterday but it never materialized for us at least. But it was really windy. The yard is gettin covered with blossoms from the pussy-willow trees. As I look around, I see that the trees are really getting “fuzzy” with new leaves. A couple of yards over, some trees are blooming, I s\assume they are Bradford Pear trees but don’t know for sure. The Redbud trees should be popping out shortly and then the Dogwood trees. It seems that the Dogwoods always bloomed around Easter when I was a kids because the pastor or the Sunday school teachers would talk about the blossoms representing the cross. Anyway, —— all of this is to simply say that I glad to be alive on such a beautiful day. 

Yesterday was beautiful too. Ms. Kate and I went to Fresh Market because it was “Ground Chuck Sale” day. She bought several packages so there will be chili and Salisbury Steak in my future for sure. Maybe we need to make some into patties and grill up some butchers or even break out my griddle and play short-order cook. After that we went to Biaggi’s for lunch. The food was really good and so was the service. From there we came home but I had to make a DQ run last night for a Blizzard. 

Today is Wednesday, and that off course means bulletin day at the churches. I have three sets to run today; this coming Sunday’s, Maundy Thursday’s, and the Easter Sunrise Service. I have the Easter Sunday late service done too but I’ll just wait to run those next week. 

The guests are arriving at the Backyard Buffet. Naturally the rude and obnoxious fuss-a-lot starlings are here, but so are \other guests. What I have been missing though is cardinals. I almost always have as many as a dozen and now I’m only rarely have one or two. Maybe they are nest building somewhere and having babies, I don’t know. But I miss them. In about three weeks it will be time to put the hummingbird feeders back out, generally around the middle of April. 

That’s all I have today. Have yourself a warm and blessings filled day, and then don’t forget to be thankful. Peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment