Monday, March 22, 2021

 Let’s just start a new week, what do you say?? It has already climbed to 61 degrees this morning and isn’t going much higher. I went out this morning to look at my flowers. The daffodils and the hyacinths smell wonderful out there. Today though, I really need to go out and clean up the sticks and stuff out of the yard.  It is hard to walk around out there without stepping on something. I don’t need to trip on a branch and fall on my face. I’ve already had that experience out there in the past and it was not fun. 

Ms. Kate is a wonderful cook but sometimes she doesn’t want to eat and I get hungry in the morning, so, I fixed myself some scrambled eggs and toast with homemade strawberry freezer jelly. That will get me through the morning and maybe into the afternoon. I’m not a cook by any means but I can do scrambled eggs and toast. Kate can throw together a big breakfast in what seems like no time. I think breakfast is my favorite and go-to meal. But if she fixes it, or we go out for it, I want the whole she-bang; eggs, biscuits, gravy, bacon or some kind of meat, hash browns, and maybe add pancakes to it too, but not necessary. It’s what is commonly known in our family as “Dad’s big breakfast”. 

I have finished my services and sermons through Easter now. That may sound like a big deal but actually, I’m only a week and a half ahead. Easter is that close. We have some good services lined up for the next week and a half. I’m excited about them and I pray they will be inspirational. I think today I will start looking at our summer schedule and kind of plan that out. We have traditionally done combined all-parish services during the summer. Of course we could not do that in 2020 because of COVID and the social distancing etc. But, with half of the congregation still doing “Jammie church”, and most of the congregations having been vaccinated for COVID, I think we are safe to go back to doing combined services. St. Lucas church is easily large enough to do that and St. Paul’s can handle it too. And, we will continue to broadcast the services for those that are not comfortable being together yet, although, it seems like folks are comfortable being together most anywhere else; so why would they draw a line at worship?? I’m still playing with an idea to have a Sunday morning “Gospel sing” for one of my services. I know that we are not usually a church that holds something like that but I think the gospel comes alive when we lift up our voices in gospel music. I’d love to do it out in the parking lot under a tent. I’m thinking maybe Memorial Day Sunday. The crowd will be less, but it would be fun. Lot’s of planning to do and talking to the councils. But, I’m always looking for a way to bring in the Holy Spirit to spark life into our faith journey. 

That’s it for today. Let’s go have a great week. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment