Wednesday, March 31, 2021

 It’s the middle of the week already. This week is going by fast. Not only that but the month of March is over as of today. Three months of the year has now passed. Where was I?? 

So, yesterday Ms. Kate had a hair appointment for a cut and perm like I told you. But before that Ms. Kate finished making her Easter cards and I got them all addressed and in the mailbox. Once that was done,  I drove her to her appointment and I then went to ACE Hardware and picked up a couple of pull-chains for that ceiling light and fan. From there I went back to the beauty  salon and just sat and waited, and read my book. It was beautiful out so I rolled down the window and enjoyed the fresh air. Once she came out, looking beautiful of course, we went and grabbed something to eat and come home to eat it. The rest of the day was a waste of valuable time because we did nothing but relax around here. What that means of course is that I still haven’t written a word in three days and have to do it today. 

But —- at some point, we have to go do some grocery shopping for our Easter meal. She’s talking ham this year and of course it has to be a specific ham from a specific store. That’s the difference between us; I’d just go to the first store and get one; I mean, ham is ham, —— but obviously not. 

I have lots of visitors at the buffet today. I still haven’t put my order in for Wild Birds Unlimited. I need to do that today. I don’t have enough “Bits” to fill the two feeders again. I don’t need a bunch of Starlings sitting on the limbs out there fussing at me. Actually, I worry about the Bluebirds. Those Bark Butter Bits re there favorite and I do love having my Bluebirds. But all of the birds love them. I just wish the Starlings like them less. There are feeders out there that they won’t even touch, that’s how spoiled I’ve made them. 

Tomorrow night is our Maundy Thursday service at 7:00 pm. Ms. Diana already has the altar set up and the communion set up. It look very nice. The Tenebrae portion of the service is really a good reading and I think will be meaningful. After the service we will have an all-night prayer vigil where folks can come in to the church and sit and “watch with the Lord” for as long as they like. We have a seven foot rugged wooden cross made out of the wood from one of our family’s old barn that we put up every year over Easter weekend. I remember maybe ten years ago or so,  I came in for an early, early morning time frame to sit and one of my parishioners was curled up asleep on the floor in front of the cross. I knew he had been there for at least a couple hours because I knew what time slot he had signed up for. He was a man with a troubled soul and I thought to myself that he was exactly where he needed to be. I let him lay there until he woke up. I figured God was providing everything he needed. 

Time for me to move on and do something productive. Have a blessed day. This is a week especially designed to lay down your troubles to the one person/being that can give you peace. Stay in prayer this week. Walk with God. Peace.  








No comments:

Post a Comment