Tuesday, March 30, 2021

 I do love these beautiful spring mornings. Everything just continues to bloom and be bright and fresh. I look outside my windows and it is so easy to just see a world of blessings out there ready to be absorbed by us. It’s like God has set a fresh table every morning for us. Sometimes it is a full meal like today with sunshine and 60 degrees already this morning and birds singing; and sometimes it is just a snack with partly sunny skies and maybe a bit too cool to be out without a jacket; but everything God gives us has a purpose and a reason and therefore  everything is a blessing. 

I spent a gapped deal of the day yesterday working outside in the yard. Nothing really major but just doing “spring stuff”. I put out Epsom Salt on all of the flowerbeds that didn’t contain azealias, and I put out Super Sulphate too one those same areas. Ms. Kate says that those products “sweeten the soil”, and it is something that we do every year. I don’t understand much of it but she says that some soil needs to be sweet and some soil needs to be acidic. Azelias and rhododendrons need the acidic soil. Me, — I just do what she tells me because we continue to have beautiful flowerbeds and gardens. I also mowed the front yard and did the trimming. I needed to get the yard ready for Easter. I don’t want to be “that guy” who let yard look ugly while everyone else cleaned up their yard. I also mowed Dan’s front yard. I can’t mow in the back of his house anymore. He has trenches all over the place trying to control they natural springs that run through his yard. So, he has to do his back yard himself like a jig-saw puzzle. 

Today Ms. Kate has a hair appointment for a cut and perm. While she is there I need to do a little shopping. One of the things I need to buy is a couple of “pull-chains” for one of the ceiling light/fan combo in the guest room. It would be nice if I had a dual wall switch to control them separately but I don’t. I really don’t like the light that is in there because it isn’t really bright enough and the pull chains are directly over the bed and they are short. So to turn them on and off separately, you have to get up and kneel in the bed. Maybe the simplest solution is to just but a couple of pull chains and extend the length. They wouldn’t hang down where you would bump into them. So, I could just spend $1.35 instead of $135.00. 

I’ve been reading my Richard E. Simmons III book and it is hard to put it down. No, that’s not the “exercise dude in the shorts and curly hair.” I really didn’t know much about him, and still don’t, other than he runs a non-profit Christian ministry dedicated to bringing people to Jesus Christ. He ‘s not a pastor or a theologian; in fact he’s a businessman down in Birmingham Alabama. I ordered two more of his books last night. His research is wonderful and his purpose is to add God to people’s lives and to go beyond just saying “believe it”, he gets into the nitty gritty of the proof of the truth of the Bible and the existence of God. It is extremely well written and extremely interesting. If you are a “reader”, I suggest you check his books out. You can get them on Amazon (of course) for about $20.00 each. 

Time to get ready to face the day and do something productive. I haven’t written a word in two days so need to get busy. Have a most blessed day. Shalomn.















No comments:

Post a Comment