Saturday, October 31, 2020

 Happy Halloween. Last day of October 2020. You know, this year just keeps grinding along doesn’t it. It seems like it drags along but then all of a sudden we are down to 61 days left in the year. It all seems a bit surreal. We’ve been in COVID-19 mode for eight months now, walking around in masks, staying away from each other, afraid to gather in groups and afraid to talk to one another face to face. The virus is no closer to having a cure today than it was eight months ago although we keep hearing “any day now”. The country has gone nuts because they are starting to rebel against the restrictions and not wear their masks and the virus spreads even more. Other countries are seeing a resurgence of this thing too and are locking down their populations. And, it has become so very political. Most of the campaign rhetoric dwells around how good or how bad the current president haas handled the virus. Hate and distrust of the politicians and the national directors of the people that are supposed to be giving us the details is so high that no one wants to hear anything they have to say. This Halloween is an actual scary time because of all that is going on. 

I don’t know if I am going to give candy out tonight or not. The health officials re saying that there should not be any Halloween parties because of spreading the virus. They also say the kids should not go out door to door. I always sit on my John Deere at the end of the driveway in costume but I don’t know if it will be worth the effort this year. If I do, I’ll just sit out there with my bowl of candy and a pair of tongs and pass out candy to whomever comes by. That way it will be “no-contact”, and I’ll be wearing my COVID-required mask. Things sure are different this year. 

Ms. Kate and I went to the churches yesterday and ran three Sunday’s worth of bulletins. I have one more Service to put together and sermon to write before we take off. Then I’ll be ready to roll. The question is —- do we go or not. We’re going to Biloxi, MS and they just got hit with their second hurricane  and I don’t know what we will find when we get there. I don’t know if the restaurants are going to be open, if the hotel is damaged form the ocean surge or what. We’ll need to do some thinking about all of this. We still have 10 days to cancel our trip, but, where else would we go? Sigh!!!

I reckon I better get busy and get something done today. Hav a blessed All Hallow’s Eve. Peace

P.S. — Don’t forget too set the clocks back an hour. 










No comments:

Post a Comment