Tuesday, November 3, 2020

 Good morning on this Tuesday, the 3rd of November. It is Election Day in this country. Lots and lots of candidates across the land for offices ranging from School Board member to President of the United States. The rhetoric, name calling, accusations, and character dismantling have been the worst I have ever seen in my life. It is going to be a long day today and of course nothing else will be discussed on television until the results are in and that might be a couple of days because of mail-in ballots that all have to be hand-counted. Many states won’t even open the ballots until the end of the day. As you know, Ms, Kate and I voted last week and I’m so glad we did. We have our candidates that we support and we hope they win of course especially at the Presidential level and the Governor level, but more than that, we pray for peace across the nation as the results are announced. I fear it is not to be though. May God place his hand upon this nation and its people and remove all of the hate that has been generated. 

Halloween came and Halloween went no was totally uneventful. We had maybe a half dozen trick or treaters really early, like right after school. Then I got a call and needed to make a run to the church and by the time I got back, it was all done. I think that COVID kept the kids in and there were many “Trunk or Treat” opportunities around for kids to attend without them having to go door to door. So, as Halloweens go —- it was a bust. Now, my neighbor needs to get his annoying decorations out of the yard so we can stop hearing his sound track of ghostly sounds. Of course, he replaces all of that blow-up crap with Thanksgiving blow-up crap. He obviously likes his holidays and he also obviously has more storage room than I do. 

I think it is supposed to go up to low 60’s today and we are supposed to have lots of sunshine. I need to refill bird feeders today and I really need to go to Wild Birds and get some bird feed items. I also need to plug in the bird bath. Yesterday I got up and they were frozen over. So, it is that time again. While we are out I guess I will run by the grocery and pick up a few needed items. Exciting day isn’t it?

I also need to finish one more sermon before we take off on vacation. I’m about half way through my sermon for the 22nd of November which is the Sunday we are back. That Sunday finishes up what we call the “Church Year”. November 29th is the first Sunday of Advent which starts the four weeks before Christmas. Yes, we are that close to Thanksgiving and Christmas and the end of this terrible year of 2020. I certainly pray that 2021 will be  much happier and healthier, and safer year. 

With that said — go have yourself a happy, Holy Spirit-filled day. Peace. 













No comments:

Post a Comment