Friday, October 9, 2020

 Another beautiful day, thank you very much Lord. It is just a tad-bit overcast because the clouds are moving up from the south and we are seeing the effects of Hurricane Delta. There were forecasts that we would be getting anywhere from one to three inches of rain this weekend but now I’m hearing that we might not get more and a tenth of an inch. There’s no use to worry about it, it will be what it will be. I really feel sorry for and pray for those folks on the Texas/ Louisiana border who are getting hit with a second hurricane in six weeks.   They must be devastated and feel like God has forgotten them.  

I filled my bird-feeders yesterday but haven’t had a lot of activity at the Backyard Buffet so far this morning. The blackbirds and starlings have discovered it But even they are absent this morning. Maybe I’m just in the lull time between aviary feeding times. 

Julie came over yesterday and brought my birthday present. It is a waffle iron and it makes waffles in the shape of LEGO bricks. So, I made waffles for our lunch yesterday and they were delicious. I use Krusteze pancake mix and they always turn out great. They grandkids all love my “papacakes”. It’s too bad that they are all old enough to know that there is no magic, I just add a cup and a half of water to the flour and stir. But now, they enjoy fixing them with me. We’ve had a lot of family joy over the years fixing and eating “Papacakes”. 

The trees are getting thinner. Lots of leaves are falling. We are a ways from the actual dropping of the leaves but it is coming. I need to get up on y roof and walk the gutters with the blower. I’d like to do that before it rains on them and mashes them down. My garden is not ready for me to pile them on it for compost. The tomatoes are done enough though that I think I can go ahead and pull the up, toll the area and start putting the raked leaves out there. And I need to get busy then on the raised bed. I think the okra is about done too. That just leaves the cantaloupe. I sent one of those home with Julie yesterday and picked another one for us. I’m surprised at how good they are. I still call them my little gift from God because they came up unexpectedly as a result of me using my compost. I think I need to maybe put another couple of bags of dirt on that bed too. It is settling more than I want it to and I don’t want to lose my asparagus.  

Enough for today. have a blessed weekend my friends. Say a prayer for all of those people coming down with COVID. Also lift up all of the people in the path of the hurricanes. I pray there will be no loss of life. 

Go in peace where ever you goo and share that peace with others. 









No comments:

Post a Comment