Monday, October 19, 2020

 How was your weekend? I hope it was filled with good things. We had a good one around here, busy, as usual, but a fairly good one. 

We did have one mishap this weekend. Ms. Kate was getting something out of the refrigerator and can of something fell out and landed on the “quick” of her big toe. I’ve had that happen before and it is painful as can be. She still cannot put a shoe on that foot and didn’t go to church yesterday. She’s walking around better but. Still is only wearing her house-slippers. I’m hoping she doesn’t lose the toenail. 

Other than that, our weekend was fairly uneventful. ( we didn’t need any more excitement than that) I got the tomato plants all pulled up and the cantaloupe vines all pulled up. Yesterday afternoon I got the tiller out and tilled the garden to get it ready to build my new raised bed that I have been talking about for a month now. I still haven’t been to Lowes to purchase any of the stuff. 

The big news I have is that my home church, Zoar, has actually called a man to be their permanent pastor. They have been in the pastoral search mode for seven years. I met him on Saturday and spent a two hours with him. He is an extremely like able guy and obviously very smart. He has a MDiv and a PhD in Theology. He did his “trial sermon” yesterday and was approved by the church at 100%. I listened to his sermon yesterday afternoon and I was impressed. It is obvious that he is very comfortable speaking and teaching and preaching. I pray he will be just as comfortable and effective as a “Pastor”. I pray it will all work out. He is currently teaching in Greece and would not move here until after the semester is over in the spring. That means that Pastor Art will continue to lead the church until then. All of this just proves to me that God might not answer every prayer immediately, but God will answer every prayer. Every assembly line has a beginning and a lot of parts need to be put together before you have a finished product. 

I need to get down to my office and get this day moving. I pry you will have a wonderful week, full of blessings and joy. Peace. 








No comments:

Post a Comment