Wednesday, October 21, 2020

 It is a much better looking morning out there on this Wednesday morning. The sun is shining, only a little overcast, and it is 60 degrees instead of 40+ like it has been the past couple of days. Everything is pretty well soaked though from the rain. Once it dries out, I have more leaves to rake (Oh goody). 

I have a lot of visitors at the Backyard Buffet this morning. That’s mainly because the starlings are back for breakfast. But, we are a non-discrimination establishment here and all birds are welcome. I had another hawk strike yesterday. It came through here like a WWII fighter bomber, zigging and zagging after its prey. I don’t know if it actually got anything or not because it passed out of sight and into the neighbor’s yard and trees. Odds are good though that it got the breakfast it was after. 

Yesterday morning I had to take Ms. Kate for her hair appointment and permanent. I had planned to write my blog and do some other work on my IPad while I sat there and waited in the car, but I had no internet connection. I went went over to the bank and did some banking, the to Dollar General to pick up some Halloween Candy for this Sunday afternoon’s “Trunk or Treating at the church, then stopped at Dunkin’  for some “munchkins”. Went back to the beauty shop and sat there in the car with my coffee and donuts and waited and listened to the music on my IPad. Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.

This being Wednesday, of course you know what my plans are for the day; go to the churches and run bulletins. I’ve told you that we got new technology in the one church. We added screens to the front of the church. I sent the bulletin to the guy that runs our system and he put the announcements, prayers, hymns, and scriptures all up on the screen. Last week I made close to 50 bulletins for that church and I don’t think we used a half dozen. With everything up, people need bulletins less and less. This has been one advantage to come out of the COVID pandemic. And since I use the same service for both churches, folks from either church can listen in and watch at home. But, I still need to go run the bulletins for St. Paul’s because we don’t have any technology beyond a microphone at the pulpit. And, —- with that’s all of a congregation, there is no way it would be cost effective. I’ll still run some bulletins for St. Lucas, I just won’t run as many. 

That is about all for this day. The sun has disappeared, and the day has gotten gloomy looking. So, put a smile on your face and brighten up someone’s world. Peace. 








No comments:

Post a Comment