Wednesday, October 14, 2020

 It is another beautiful morning as we begin our day on the Wednesday. I’ve been sitting here awhile doing my usual morning computer (IPad) stuff and watching the leaves fall. We have gusts that come through and it literally looks like it is snowing leaves. It’s blowing them off of the trees and the roof, and the gutters, all for me to rake up and mulch up. I wonder how many levels there are on a 60 foot tree? I think the answer is: —- a lot. 

I’ve had an active Backyard Buffet this morning. I see a couple of feeders that need filling either today or tomorrow. I had a squirrel circus going on out here earlier. One of them came and literally was scratching on the bottom of my door wanting to get is. I think it was seeking refuge from another squirrel that was chasing it all over the yard and trees etc. But sorry, I’m not running a squirrel shelter here. You’re on your own buddy. There haven’t been a lot of birds here this morning, or maybe I just missed them. (I got up late today) I’ve had a couple of cardinals and wrens and woodpeckers, but that is about all. We’ve noticed that there is very little, if any, yellow left on the goldfinches. They have tuned to a brownish green. I assume they do that for camouflage reasons during the fall and winter. I have not seen a hummingbird in a week and suspect they may be gone by now. I need to put up their feeder for the season and wait for next April when they return. 

I was going to work outside yesterday but Ms. Kate reminded me that I have several sermons and services to get done before our November vacation.  So, I went down and knocked out the service and sermon for October 25th, and I have started on November 1st. I really need to work on four services and three sermons to be “caught up. By the time we get back from our vacation we’ll be looking at Thanksgiving and immediately after that, —- Advent and Christmas. Yikes!!!

I was conversing by phone with the prospective new permanent pastor for Zoar Church yesterday. I’m supposed to meet with him on Saturday for an hour or so. He is a young pastor but very educated. He has a PhD in theology, but he has had little “Pastor” experience. For whatever reason, Zoar church folks told him I’m the guy to talk to in order to get to know Zoar church. He sounded like a nice guy. I just pray he’s the right person for Zoar. I’m looking forward to meeting him. After-all, if he is hired, he will be my pastor. Sunday he is to preach a trial sermon this Sunday and since Zoar also televises their service, I’ll get to hear him preach. Immediately after the service on Sunday, the congregation will hold a vote on whether to accept him or not. Personally, I think it it will be a given, but this is 2020 and strange things do happen. His next hurdle will be getting through the local Church Association for dual standing since he is not a UCC Pastor. He is a non-denominational pastor which means he is much more fundamental learning that the United Church of Christ and especially our local association. I pray for him because I know the uphill battles he will face.

That’s it for today. It’s a dual celebration day: —- Hump Day and Amazon Prime Day for you shoppers.

Blessings and Peace my friends. 












No comments:

Post a Comment