Monday, October 5, 2020

 Monday afternoon, and the nap is just over. we’ve had a few things on our plate today that we had to take care of. This morning Ms. Kate had to do her bloodwork again today. That is an every two week event, depending on the results each time. It is only for her Pro-time testing which measures her blood thinners. It doesn’t take a lot for them to get out of whack. We can always tell when it isn’t right because the least little bump causes bruising and she looks like she went ten rounds with a boxer. Dr. Jackson makes sure she watches it closely. 

Next we had some banking to do which didn’t take long but of course since we were n a hurry, there was a line at the drive up windows. We finished that up just in time to get home and have the heating and air conditioning folks call and say they were on the way. We had a “time-slot” of 1100-1300 arranged and they were at the front end. They fella came and checked out the furnace and everything was good. He said that the furnace capacitor was getting weak but still functional. It could go out or it cold last through the entire season. Said he had one on the truck and could replace ours for $75.00. I told him tat we would wait.  We’ve dealt with this company for almost twenty years and I “generally trust them” but —- my suspicions go up when a service guy that I don’t know comes in and tells me there is a problem developing and he just happens to have the $75.00 fix in the truck. If it goes out —- I’ll have to pay a service call, but that is okay. It can wait. It might last another year or even two. We bought the furnace in 2004 and it has been a good one. 

Aftr the HVAC dude left we went to Target and stoped and got something to eat. We went to a place new to us called Sam’s Southern Eatery. The food was good and We put it on our “will return” list.

Had good attendance at the services yesterday. Had a really good turnout at the smaller church with thirty in attendance. That is almost 100% of the membership. The bigger church did okay, but they are becoming too comfortable with “jammie church” and staying home. They did check in on line but I personally think they miss out by not being there in person. But the pandemic has people still scared and it seems to be on the rise again. So, we’ll just continue to do the best that we can. 

So, I’m caught up for today and my nap is over. I think I will go downstairs to my office and start on my Programs and sermon for the 18th of October. Have a pleasant afternoon. Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment