Monday, October 26, 2020

 Hello New Week! You aren’t starting off very friendly this morning with your 43 degrees and overcast skies. Rumor has it that you don’t intend to do much better for the rest of the week and in fact have lots of rain to help make it a bit more miserable. I know some folks are thrilled that the cold and winter weather weather is close at hand, but understand that not everybody feels that way. So —- feel free to throw in some sunshine and mild temperatures for the rest of us. However, —- I have several friends in the upper mid-west that are shoveling snow this morning while I’m sitting here grousing about a “cold 43 degrees”. They live in beautiful places like Colorado and Montana. Yikes, I’m glad I’m not there. 

I have four squirrels in the backyard this morning. One of them has a stubby tail. I wonder if it was burning that way or lost it during a fight at some point. One day I had a squirrel here that all most all of the hair was gone off of his tail. It made him look more like a rat than that already do. I haven’t seen it back. Last year I think it was that I had a stubby tailed squirrel here and then it disappeared. I wonder how the loss of a tail effects them. I think they use it for balance and for communication. 

It’s “snowing leaves” again today with the breeze. The male tulip poplar has a lot of its leaves flying in the wind today. The female has already finished up her shedding. I think I might go and run the lawn mower over the back yard one more time and mulch them up and then call it quits for leaf raking for the year. But, that also means I have to get the garage straightened up so I can bring the little JD around for the winter. What I really need is another shed to put the JD in. However, there is a cute lady here in this house that will completely disagree with that statement. LOL

The weekend was excellent for us. The church services were well attended and yesterday we did a “Trunk or Treat” at St. Lucas. It was very well attended and everyone seemed to have a great time costuming up and decorating their cars etc. This was the first time we have done that and I expect it could become the new practice instead of a Halloween party. 

That’s about it for today. I pray you will have a wonderful week. Peace. 






No comments:

Post a Comment