Thursday, October 15, 2020

 This will be a Thursday afternoon quick note I think. We have had a busy day so far. This morning we got and listened to the weather and decided that we needed to bring in the patio plant today. We don’t a lot of them but we bring them in every year to keep them from freezing. The plants were dry and needed watering so it ws a good time to move them Dry dirt is much lighter than wet dirt. It was supposed to rain todaay and then turn much colder and by the weekend we re supposed to have frost. So, we got busy, pulled furniture back out of the way, went out and trimmed up the plants and removed all of thee dead tree levees that had fanned on them and cleaned the flower pots off too and brought the plants in. 

Next, I got my rake and cleaned off the sidewalks and flowerbed of the bazillion leaves that have fallen in the last couple of days, raked them all out into the yard and then jumped on the John Deere and mulched the all up. We had just taken in the last flower pot when it started to drizzle rain. So, I did my raking and mulching in the rain. The advantage was that it held the dust way down. 

We came in and had a cup of coffee and Ms. Kate fixed lunch for us and then I had to go make a grocery run. We knew we needed some stuff, but when she opened up the milk to make some gravy, we discovered that the milk was expired and turning bad, the potatoes for fried potatoes weren’t all that great either so —- it was time for a trip to the grocery. One thing seems to lead to another doesn’t it? So now, it is 1600 hrs and I’m just now getting around to my blog and my other computer stuff. It is almost cardinal feeding time so I reckon sitting her will be aa good thing. The cold front brought the rain in and the temperature has dropped a good 10 degrees. My comfy chair here in the Sunporch is the perfect place to be surrounded by my flower buddies. 

That’s it for today. Stay warm, stay dry, and stay healthy. Peace. 








No comments:

Post a Comment